first whole 30 started today!

LibbyM

I did a ton of cooking today and am  exhausted! I'm excited to do this but I am going to miss sugar and pizza.

Meal 1: 2 eggs, green beans, strawberries

Meal 2: roasted chicken thigh, sweet potato, half an avocado, cauliflower rice (this all sounded delicious but when I started eating the chicken was the only thing I could finish, the rest made me feel nauseous)

Meal 3: I went out with friends and was a little nervous but we got a charcuterie plate with local duck meats that was delicious, they got a cheese plate, which I couldn't eat but I ate the pear slices! I also had a chicken waldorf salad with Apple, grapes and a delicious pepper jelly vinaigrette. 

Looks like you are off to a decent start though a bit heavy on fruit today. Eating out on a W30 is hard work. Make sure you ask a lot of questions. The duck meals sound amazing and good job passing on the cheese plate (my personal kryptonite) Did you ask about sugar in the pepper jelly vinaigrette?

Day 2:

Meal 1: almond beef with onions, green peppers & kale

Meal 2: 2 eggs over easy, 3 slices of bacon, sweet potato hash browns & fried plantains (from well fed 2-they were delicious)

Meal 3: pulled pork with onions, sweet potatoes and kale. unsweetened apple sauce.

I got super hungry between meal 1 & 2 so I had a couple bites of pulled pork and a few left over fried plantain coins

I woke up with a headache but it went away after I ate breakfast. Other than that I feel pretty good today! 

How did you make the "rice"?

I made it by blending the cauliflower florets in the blender and then sauteed it in coconut oil...I wasn't crazy about it though, I even tried to add coconut aminos to it today but that didn't it make it a ton better, I'm going to try making mashed cauliflower and see if I like that better!

Day 3

Meal 1: pulled pork with kale, onions and green beans wrapped in romaine leaves topped with sunshine sauce

Meal 2: chicken salad (chicken, homemade mayo, grapes, apples, a few walnuts), mashed cauliflower

Meal 3: chocolate chili, sweet potato hash, banana

Day 4: I felt great yesterday, I feel like I should be hating everything? I was super tired though 

Meal 1: sweet potato hash & salmon cakes 

Meal 2: chicken with kale, sugar snap peas and onions topped with a few toasted almond slices, small satsuma

Post w.o. meal: roast pork with mashed cauliflower & green beans

Meal 3: chicken with green beans

w.o.: elliptical at the gym for 20 minutes-not the most intense workout ever but my membership expired in November and now that I work at the school I do I get the university faculty price at the gym so it made sense not to renew it until yesterday when the semester started. It is a really nice gym w/ a pool so one of my goals is to work out at least four times a week! 

I think I have to accept that cauliflower is not one of the vegetables I like very much... I wish I did! 

I only like cauliflower certain ways and I have found I need to be careful with how much I eat as it can give me gas. I've used it to make hummus and really enjoyed it. How did you make your mashed cauliflower? I wasn't a super fan of the recipe in Well Fed with the coconut milk. I usually just put ghee or coconut oil in mine and a generous amount of garlic powder and blend it all together in the food processor. I also like it in cream soups where it is all blended in. I don't really like it in place of rice.

I used the well fed recipe and I don't think it's going to cut it as rice either haha.

Okay yesterday was crazy because I was cooking dinner and the transformer in our neighbor's backyard blew up and lit on fire so we ended up not having power until 11 pm and had to go out to eat but I still stayed on plan!

Meal 1: browned ground bison with onions, sugar snap peas and kale wrapped in romaine leaves with sunshine sauce & butternut squash soup (bought it at the farmer's market, it's compliant and it's made with coconut milk but the texture is not my favorite)

Meal 2:  chicken with kale, sugar snap peas and onions topped with a few toasted almond slices, baby carrots and a few grapes

Meal 3: Grilled white fish with lemon, sauteed spinach, grilled asparagus and a salad with lettuce, onions and a few cantaloupe slices with oil and vinegar dressing. I had 1 coconut date roll when I got home. (I found them at the Fresh Market, they're organic & compliant and they're delicious but not so sweet that I want to eat half a dozen of them)

I forgot to post this last night but here is yesterday! 

Day 6 

Meal 1: 3 eggs, compliant bacon & sugar snap peas

Meal 2: chicken salad (leftovers) with carrots

Meal 2: Steak with sweet potato hash

We had conferences at my school last night so I was at work from 5-7, I ate before hand because I knew I'd be starving and surprisingly wasn't that hungry when I got home. I have been super tired and slept for at least 8 hours last night. 

Be careful with those date rolls. Sometimes I can have them in the house and not go crazy with them and sometimes I can't. I only buy them now if we are going to have company and I don't want to make dessert.

Great job being compliant eating out! Scary about the transformer. I've seen that happen before.

Thanks! Yeah I can see how the date rolls could be dangerous, I haven't had another one yet, i meant to after conferences last night but I wasn't very hungry when I got home and just went to sleep early! 

The transformer definitely was a little scary!

Thanks! Yeah I can see how the date rolls could be dangerous, I haven't had another one yet, i meant to after conferences last night but I wasn't very hungry when I got home and just went to sleep early! 

The transformer definitely was a little scary!

I would put them somewhere where they are really out of site and don't use them as a snack or dessert. If that is how you are consuming/thinking of them then best to put them away until after your Whole30. 

Okay yesterday I was exhausted by 4 so I went home and took a quick nap and then went to step class at the gym

Meal 1: 3 eggs, sweet potato hash browns, green beans

Meal 2: roasted chicken thighs, sugar snap peas

pre w.o.: a little bit of pork

post w.o./dinner: pork, green beans

meal 3: (i wasn't starving since I ate my post w.o. meal at like 7pm) I had a piece of apple bumpkin frittata 

Day 8:

Meal 1: Apple Bumpkin Frittata & sugar snap peas

Meal 2: lamb burger, salad & gyro sauce from well fed 2

Meal 3: chocolate chili with green beans and sugar snap peas

Day 9: 

Meal 1: 3 eggs, compliant bacon and sweet potato hashbrowns

Meal 2: steak & spinach salad with oil and vinegar dressing and a few dried cranberries (no sugar) and slivered almonds

Meal 3: barbecue (brisket, pork and chicken) with bbq sauce from well fed 2 & green salad wtih homemade dressing, 2 date rolls

I have been super busy over the last two days and managing to stay compliant when tired and hanging out with friends who are eating all sorts of stuff...success! I have been feeling pretty good with just a few minor stomach issues :)

Day 10:

Meal 1: Apple Bumpkin egg bake

Meal 2: Cinnamon beef stew & carrots and parsnips purée

post w.o.: egg & sweet potato hashbrowns

Meal 3: spinach salad, chicken, bacon, dried cherries, dried cranberries and homemade vinaigrette

Day 11...what! I can't believe that a. I'm this far b. I'm not miserable c. I didn't suffer through too too many cravings

Meal 1: apple bumpkin egg bake... Not enough to hold me over until 1:10 when we have lunch and had to snack on some raw nuts to get me through third block. I'll add ham tomorrow

Meal 2: spinach salad with chicken dried cranberries and cherries, bacon and homemade vinaigrette

Post w. O. Two eggs, sweet potato hash Browns & 2 slices of bacon

Meal 3:spaghetti squash pad thai.... It was awesome! And two date rolls... These are pretty delicious and I haven't had a temptation problem with them yet but I probably won't buy them again until I'm done with the whole 30

Day 11...what! I can't believe that a. I'm this far b. I'm not miserable c. I didn't suffer through too too many cravings

Meal 1: apple bumpkin egg bake... Not enough to hold me over until 1:10 when we have lunch and had to snack on some raw nuts to get me through third block. I'll add ham tomorrow

Meal 2: spinach salad with chicken dried cranberries and cherries, bacon and homemade vinaigrette

Post w. O. Two eggs, sweet potato hash Browns & 2 slices of bacon

Meal 3:spaghetti squash pad thai.... It was awesome! And two date rolls... These are pretty delicious and I haven't had a temptation problem with them yet but I probably won't buy them again until I'm done with the whole 30

I've had the apple bumpkin bake. Instead of adding more protein, add more veggies first, as the bake is fruit-heavy. (and if you do want ham at some point, be sure it's compliant: tricky to find ham without sugar or other nasties.) 

Post wo should be protein and carb only: no fat (bacon is more of a fat in this scenario).

Be sure the dried fruit is compliant too: no sugar or sulfur dioxide.

Don't worry, my ham and my dried fruit are both compliant!

Day 12:

Meal 1: Eggs, bacon & sweet potato hash browns

Meal 2: Leftover spaghetti squash pad thai

Meal 3: chicken apple sausages, 1 egg, sweet potato hash browns, green beans and a few raspberries & coconut flakes 

Day 13

Meal 1: grass-fed beef spare ribs, sweet potato hash Browns, sugar snap peas

Meal 2: salad with chicken, bacon, did fruit, sliced almonds

Meal 3: pulled pork, homemade Bbq sauce, sugar snap peas, fried plantains, about a dozen grapes

Day 14

Meal 1:eggs,bacon and sugar snap peas

Meal 2:chicken sausage, sugar snap peas, carrots, a few plantain chips

Post w.o a few slices of compliant pepperoni...

Meal 3: Italian style meatballs from well fed 2, spaghetti squash & homemade Bbq sauce

Archived