Aches and Pains The First Few Days?

sciencemonster

Hi everyone!

I'm currently on day 4 of my first Whole30. I was eating paleo relatively strictly before, so I haven't experienced any detox symptoms yet (though I hear I should expect a wave of cravings in the second week... I'd love to hear about that if anyone has insight). Anyways, I'm a runner and haven't had any injuries, BUT my knees do crack when I go up stairs, which started in the summer. I noticed yesterday that my left knee was aching/painful right in the center of the knee, but I haven't run since last week. Is it normal to have unusual aches and pains during your first week of the Whole30? I just can't think of anything else that could be causing the pain!

I can't say what to expect because I'm brand new to this, too (on Day 5 of my first W30 now) but I've been noticing that too. My back feels very sore kind of randomly, and I actually have a few areas that feel bruised despite no injury I'm aware of. I'm curious to see what others have to say. 

I can't say what to expect because I'm brand new to this, too (on Day 5 of my first W30 now) but I've been noticing that too. My back feels very sore kind of randomly, and I actually have a few areas that feel bruised despite no injury I'm aware of. I'm curious to see what others have to say.

Yep it's day 6 for me and the knee ache is pretty much resolved. I'm still not positive what happened here.

I'm on my second Whole30 not (day 6). Both this time and last time, I had quite a bit of body aches arise that I normally do not get, especially in places where I shouldn't be getting them (IE not where I had recently been training in the gym).  I think it's a typical reaction for some people, but it clears it self up in a couple of days.  However don't be surprised if they sneak up on you once more before the Whole30 is over.  

Archived