Monsanto Fruit

Bcollins74

I saw some Melorange fruit on sale at my local grocery store. I searched the net and they appear to be a new product by the evil enterprise known as Monsanto. I also read an article that said they have a new honey dew and water melon "in the pipeline. What is prevailing thought on these types of fruit. Are they GMO? Are they Whole30?

I would not eat them. I don't trust anything Monsatan produces. I'm all for selective breeding to get desirable traits. Humans have been doing that since we tamed the first wolves as pets and created domestic dogs. But what Monsanto does is an abomination, and the definition of franken food.

Also, be careful, because some of the genetic modifications monsanto makes to their food is to make it taste sweeter, better, and be more addictive - the same things fast food and processed foods do to make you addicted. I heard of a grape that tastes like cotton candy. Usually these fruits have much higher sugar content than their natural counterparts. 

I've tried the cotton candy grapes.  They do taste just like it.  Makes me wonder what kind of hellish concoction they came up with for this to occur.  Monsanto is evil.  Profits over people.  Their GMO plants have been banned throughout Europe, some countries even burning existing crops in the field so they don't spread to the native crops.  We are one of the few countries who permit their GMO products to be grown and sold.  Why?  Because they are one of the largest lobbyists on Capitol Hill, and their former CEO is now the head of the EPA.  They have bought and paid for enough Congressmen to keep the heat off.

"They're a pesticide company that's bought up seed firms," says Bill Freese, a scientist at the Center for Food Safety, a nonprofit public-interest and environmental-advocacy group. "Business-wise, it's a beautiful, really smart strategy. It's just awful for agriculture and the environment."

For anyone with strong reactions to nightshades or autoimmune problems, be especially careful when introducing "new" produce as some of it is genetically spliced with nightshade DNA (for natural pest resistance), which some people (but not others) have strong reactions to. Just like any intro or reintro, see how it works for you, you may be perfectly fine :)

I have a much stronger negative reaction to GMO corn than I do to regular corn, although neither makes me feel well.

Not all new produce is genetically modified, you can also super-sugar foods just with natural breeding :) If it's a food with no brakes, you know the drill.

Archived