Day 4....Feeling pretty good considering

wicki859

Hello,

So this is my second whole30. I did this last year for New Years, but I kept at it for three months. I was desperate to feel better from Lyme Disease. It was a huge turning point for me. However, I was not able to maintain it, and after I began to reintroduce foods I eventually went back to my old ways of eating.

Fast forward....my health slowly deteriorated again. I really believe I am gluten intolerant. I have not been tested, but the symptoms are absolutely there. Well, even though it has only been four days, today I woke up without the usual abdominal pain. It is typically pretty bad first thing when I wake up...hurts to breath in. Not today though. I had forgotten how much I feel better when eating clean. The first few days were rough. Day one was killer because I also gave up coffee. I'm just struggling with headaches. I'm trying to drink lots of water, and I've had a cup of tea to help decrease the caffeine withdrawl feelings.

Anyway, so far so good.

Now to figure out how to manage the social situations....eating out, going to friends and relatives houses, and the last holiday party that is next week. I'm tempted to call ahead to the party to see if I can bring my own food, or if they'll prepare a separate dish for me.

Archived