No appetite & threw up on day 2

A little background... this is my 2nd whole30. I did my first in August 2012, and was still mostly on the paleo wagon when I became pregnant in Nov 2012. Then the morning sickness and food aversions kicked in, and I fell off the wagon in grand fashion, and fully reverted to SAD during and after my pregnancy.

Today is day 3. Yesterday (unsurprisingly) I woke up with a headache, but I also felt a bit nauseous. I had a breakfast of eggs with veggies and bananas fried in coconut oil. Several hours later, after feeling nauseous on and off all morning, I forced down a hamburger patty and a sweet potato. Then for dinner (still not feeling well) I had chicken and vegetable soup. About an hour later, I threw up. For the next few hours I still felt nauseous and a bit achy.

Now I feel fine except I still have very little appetite. I had applesauce and a small amount of eggs with sausage and veggies for breakfast. So I guess I have a couple questions. First of all, has anyone experienced anything like this? I didn't last time. I'm wondering if the flu shot I had on day 1 could be a factor, even though nausea isn't listed as a possible side effect and I normally don't have any reaction. Also, my sleep right now is pretty terrible because I have a teething and round-the-clock nursing almost-5-month-old.

What should I do? Should I try to force down as much food as I can even though I don't feel like eating at all? I know that getting enough calories is especially important for me as a breastfeeding mom. I am staying hydrated.

Anyway, I know this was long, so if you made it to the end, thanks!

yes, the flu shot could have been at fault here, but no, this isn't totally out of the ordinary.

I would try to eat as close to template portions as possible (1 palm of protein, 1-3 cups of veg, 1-2 thumbs of fat per meal), favoring bland and carbohydrate foods (sweet potatoes, squash, etc) and keep hydrated as well. I'm betting you feel better soon, and I hope I am right  :)

Archived