Applegate all beef hot dogs

SierraHaley

I purchased Applegate All Beef Hot Dogs yesterday and had one for lunch today. They are made out of Whole30 approved ingredients and are delicious! I felt like I was cheating because they tasted like a regular hot dog but 1000X better. I don't think I'll ever go back to regular hot dogs. Has anyone else tried these? I bought them at Sprouts for $5.99, which is a little pricey but totally worth it. 

I thought we weren't allowed processed food. 

Technically, as long as the "processed food" does not have any off-plan ingredients, you can have it. The applegate hotdogs are a staple emergency protein for me. I haven't seen sausage from them, do check the label in case of sugar or other nasties.

It sounds like this is an emergency food for you all! This is good to know. I guess the point is that fresh meat is better than processed, even if it is technically compliant. I will keep that in mind! These do not have any sugar. Hot dogs going in the freezer! 

I love their grass fed, organic hot dogs.  They are also an 'emergency' protein that is always in the fridge.  Sometimes I'll cut back on the eggs at breakfast and add a hot dog or 2, just to switch it up.  My wife also made some grass fed chili last week, and after a couple of days, there was still a little left over, but not enough for a full protein serving, so i stir fried up a couple of hot dogs along with the remaining chili as well as some peppers and broccoli, it came out pretty good.  

• 3 years later...
On 1/4/2014 at 3:23 PM, SierraHaley said:

I purchased Applegate All Beef Hot Dogs yesterday and had one for lunch today. They are made out of Whole30 approved ingredients and are delicious! I felt like I was cheating because they tasted like a regular hot dog but 1000X better. I don't think I'll ever go back to regular hot dogs. Has anyone else tried these? I bought them at Sprouts for $5.99, which is a little pricey but totally worth it. 

I just made them for dinner.  I searched every label and came upon these.  I put them in a baked sweet potato with the insides scraped.  It may sound disgusting but it was actually really good.  I don't even think I looked for a price.  I was so happy to finally find them.  I wanted a fun Saturday night dinner.  And yes, I agree about the flavor.  They were really good. 

Archived