Applegate all beef hot dogs

SierraHaley

I purchased Applegate All Beef Hot Dogs yesterday and had one for lunch today. They are made out of Whole30 approved ingredients and are delicious! I felt like I was cheating because they tasted like a regular hot dog but 1000X better. I don't think I'll ever go back to regular hot dogs. Has anyone else tried these? I bought them at Sprouts for $5.99, which is a little pricey but totally worth it. 

I thought we weren't allowed processed food. 

Technically, as long as the "processed food" does not have any off-plan ingredients, you can have it. The applegate hotdogs are a staple emergency protein for me. I haven't seen sausage from them, do check the label in case of sugar or other nasties.

I love their grass fed, organic hot dogs.  They are also an 'emergency' protein that is always in the fridge.  Sometimes I'll cut back on the eggs at breakfast and add a hot dog or 2, just to switch it up.  My wife also made some grass fed chili last week, and after a couple of days, there was still a little left over, but not enough for a full protein serving, so i stir fried up a couple of hot dogs along with the remaining chili as well as some peppers and broccoli, it came out pretty good.  

• 3 years later...
On 1/4/2014 at 3:23 PM, SierraHaley said:

I purchased Applegate All Beef Hot Dogs yesterday and had one for lunch today. They are made out of Whole30 approved ingredients and are delicious! I felt like I was cheating because they tasted like a regular hot dog but 1000X better. I don't think I'll ever go back to regular hot dogs. Has anyone else tried these? I bought them at Sprouts for $5.99, which is a little pricey but totally worth it. 

I just made them for dinner.  I searched every label and came upon these.  I put them in a baked sweet potato with the insides scraped.  It may sound disgusting but it was actually really good.  I don't even think I looked for a price.  I was so happy to finally find them.  I wanted a fun Saturday night dinner.  And yes, I agree about the flavor.  They were really good. 

Archived