January 5 - Day 1 - First Time!

em1234

All,

This is my first Whole30 and it starts today.  The holidays really got me off track with food, and I am looking forward to this challenge.  Cleaned out the pantry and fridge yesterday on Day Zero - they look so empty! Sipping on black coffee now before a big trip to the grocery store for healthy, on-plan foods! The coffee doesn't taste that bad - maybe I just really need coffee.

Will post later on Day 1 progress.  Thanks for your support and help on this journey!

Em

Made it through Day 1!! Scrambled eggs with spinach, tomato and avocado, salad at whole foods while picking up protein and veggies for the week, homemade baba ghanoush with cucumber slices for a snack, and then beef-stuffed eggplant with roasted broccoli for dinner. And black coffee and whole30-compliant tea (I was amazed how many teas have soy lecithin or other no ingredients in them!)

Biggest problem now is a dull, throbbing headache, which I woke up with this morning. I don't want to take pain meds, so I'm trying a few home remedies first - black coffee, plenty of water, a good breakfast, and a workout. Hopefully that makes the headache go away - but I guess that's just part of it??

Here goes Day 2!

Em

Archived