Day 6 troubles

CFGdan

My first 5 days have been great. I love to cook so this Whole30 has been giving me excuses the stay in the kitchen and experiment. But this morning my stomach has been very upset and ended up getting sick. Here is a list of my meals the past two day.

Saturday:

Breakfast:

Egg/carrot/zucchini scramble with saute green peppers, fennel and 1/4 avocado.

Lunch:

Flounder no sauce with sauteed peppers, onion, and squash.

Dinner:

pork chops stuffed with apple and bacon and roasted butternut squash.

Sunday:

Breakfast:

Ground pork with green peppers onion fennel and 1/4 avocado.

Lunch:

Mustard chicken thighs with roasted butternut squash and sauteed peppers

Dinner

smoked chicken, broccoli, cauliflower,and uncured pepperoni.

Since I was feeling bad this morning I tried to eat breakfast but only got a couple of bites in till I just couldn't eat anymore. I have been keeping up with my water today to stay hydrated. Is this a normal part of the transition to real food eating? Also does anyone know anything I could do to settle my stomach

My first 5 days have been great. I love to cook so this Whole30 has been giving me excuses the stay in the kitchen and experiment. But this morning my stomach has been very upset and ended up getting sick. Here is a list of my meals the past two day.

Saturday:

Breakfast:

Egg/carrot/zucchini scramble with saute green peppers, fennel and 1/4 avocado.

Lunch:

Flounder no sauce with sauteed peppers, onion, and squash.

Dinner:

pork chops stuffed with apple and bacon and roasted butternut squash.

Sunday:

Breakfast:

Ground pork with green peppers onion fennel and 1/4 avocado.

Lunch:

Mustard chicken thighs with roasted butternut squash and sauteed peppers

Dinner

smoked chicken, broccoli, cauliflower,and uncured pepperoni.

Since I was feeling bad this morning I tried to eat breakfast but only got a couple of bites in till I just couldn't eat anymore. I have been keeping up with my water today to stay hydrated. Is this a normal part of the transition to real food eating? Also does anyone know anything I could do to settle my stomach

Did you eat anything yesterday that you haven't eaten yet in your 6 days or that you do not eat normally? Maybe you have a sensitivity? Or it is possible you have a little stomach bug. Either way, pure peppermint tea is good for sipping to settle the stomach.

Hope you feel better soon!

This isn't official medical advice, but I do have one personal observation and one suggestion.

First from my own experience, having done whole30 a few times, there is a lot of adjusting during the first week or so. First, it seems like your body is flushing out a lot of gunk. You're likely eating a greater portion of fats, meat, and plants than you do on a standard American diet. You're not eating all the starch and grains that stop you up. Rather your added plants and fat move things along. This may not explain the upset stomach, but I find that I have a lot of frequent BMs and digestion discomfort.

I feel that the increase in fat from the meat, cooking oils, nuts etc is elevated and this takes time to get used to. I always try to remind myself to incorporate raw plants and fruits into my meals. Looking at your food list, all these items have fat or we're cooked likely in some sort of fat. Make sure to have a fruit, salad, or other raw food to counter all the rich cooked foods.

This has worked to get over the slump of the end of week 1.

Archived