Just want to share....

KathyV

This weekend I went into my health food store and they had a new display(freezer) from Black Wing Meats.  I bought some elk burgers and they were fantastic, and BTW, this was my first experience with elk.

I checked them out on there website, and they have a variety of meats and they are organic.

Just wanted to let all you Whole 30ers know of another outlet for food.

Kathy

I bought the package of patties and they had a recipe on the back which was garlic powder, black pepper and oil for searing and basting(I used ghee)  I seared them for 2 mins on each side then placed them in the broiler for another couple mins and bast it every so often.  They tasted fantastic! I liked mine a little pink in the center.

I just got back from the Health Food Store to pick up some more....and they were out...EER.  I will go on-line to Black Wing Meats and order.  My try Ostrich too!?

check  out the web-site for more recipes

• 2 weeks later...

I found that shipping is a little salty, but If you find someone else to go in with you, you can split the cost of shipping.  That is what I'm doing,

although I haven't done that yet, waiting on the "other party" to decide what they want.

Archived