Day 1 here we go!!

LLUwhole30

Today is my first day on Whole 30!  I'm nervous and excited, being that this is a complete new adventure for me.  The hardest part is going to be giving up diet cokes.  I fear that I will have caffeine withdrawals, but more than that, I think its the psychological component of giving them up.  I know that I'll do it one day at a time though. :)  A question though, do you HAVE to eat the exact quantity and amounts of food as recommended (palm of protein, thumb of fat, etc?).  I don't want to get bogged down in that because I'm afraid it will feel too much like a diet and I want this to be DIFFERENT.  Any feedback would be great!!

Today is my first day on Whole 30!  I'm nervous and excited, being that this is a complete new adventure for me.  The hardest part is going to be giving up diet cokes.  I fear that I will have caffeine withdrawals, but more than that, I think its the psychological component of giving them up.  I know that I'll do it one day at a time though. :)  A question though, do you HAVE to eat the exact quantity and amounts of food as recommended (palm of protein, thumb of fat, etc?).  I don't want to get bogged down in that because I'm afraid it will feel too much like a diet and I want this to be DIFFERENT.  Any feedback would be great!!

Don't overthink it. The idea is to eat commensurate with your body proportions. Look at your palm and thumb as guidelines and go from there.

Archived