Preggo does the Whole30, would love others to join in

ksweet

Hello! I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant with baby number six. I did a Whole 30 last September/October and got pregnant during that time. I was hoping to keep up with the paleo way of eating - the Whole30 was the first time it "sticked" but I got back into my poor eating habits when the first trimester sickness kicked in. I'm trying to make a strong start over to get back on track. I'm also hoping to head off the high sugar problems I run into with my pregnancies. 

Day One is off to a good start but I know the real test will be later in the week. I feel good so far and I feel more confident since I know I made it through a Whole30 before. On the other hand, I'm a little nervous because I know how much prep work this can take and I still don't have the energy levels I had before. I'm also concerned because I lost 15 pounds from the last Whole30. I'm starting this pregnancy overweight so I don't think it's bad if I lose weight and, obviously, I'm not going to try to lose weight. But I'll have to trust that my body will do what it needs to do with the healthy food. 

M1: scotch egg, marinated carrots, green tea with coconut oil, seltzer water with elderberry juice (to stave off the cold that's going around)

S: scotch egg, green tea with coconut oil

M2: taco salad (ground beef, guac, salsa, hard boiled egg, lettuce, slice of bacon), small bowl of pineapple and blueberries, 3 homemade larabars, yogi pregnancy tea

S: will be the rest of the taco salad if I need it

M3: will be chicken thighs (not sure how I will prepare them) and roasted cauliflower, broccoli, carrots

I forgot how it takes some adjusting to figure out how much to eat. And this time, I'm allowed to have snacks, so the adjusting is different, because I don't want to graze all day either. 

Exercise: 15 minute prenatal yoga

Hello!  I'm also about 16 weeks pregnant doing the Whole30 (baby number 3). 

My only comment at this point is maybe add some additional veggies at your first snack.  Snacks are fine for us pregnant ladies, but they generally recommend that the snacks look more like mini-meals: serving of protein, serving of fat, serving of veggies.  I LOVE scotch eggs and eat the hell out of them whenever I make a batch, but maybe throw some additional marinated carrots (or fermented veggies like sauerkraut, the probiotics are great for gut health) to round out that snack.

I'll be following along -- good luck!

Hello! I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant with baby number six. I did a Whole 30 last September/October and got pregnant during that time. I was hoping to keep up with the paleo way of eating - the Whole30 was the first time it "sticked" but I got back into my poor eating habits when the first trimester sickness kicked in. I'm trying to make a strong start over to get back on track. I'm also hoping to head off the high sugar problems I run into with my pregnancies. 

Day One is off to a good start but I know the real test will be later in the week. I feel good so far and I feel more confident since I know I made it through a Whole30 before. On the other hand, I'm a little nervous because I know how much prep work this can take and I still don't have the energy levels I had before. I'm also concerned because I lost 15 pounds from the last Whole30. I'm starting this pregnancy overweight so I don't think it's bad if I lose weight and, obviously, I'm not going to try to lose weight. But I'll have to trust that my body will do what it needs to do with the healthy food. 

M1: scotch egg, marinated carrots, green tea with coconut oil, seltzer water with elderberry juice (to stave off the cold that's going around)

S: scotch egg, green tea with coconut oil

M2: taco salad (ground beef, guac, salsa, hard boiled egg, lettuce, slice of bacon), small bowl of pineapple and blueberries, 3 homemade larabars, yogi pregnancy tea

S: will be the rest of the taco salad if I need it

M3: will be chicken thighs (not sure how I will prepare them) and roasted cauliflower, broccoli, carrots

I forgot how it takes some adjusting to figure out how much to eat. And this time, I'm allowed to have snacks, so the adjusting is different, because I don't want to graze all day either. 

Exercise: 15 minute prenatal yoga

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Your snack was fine,as it was a protein and fat. 

What concerns me is the 3 homemade Larabars with your lunch. Larabars (the brand or homemade) are emergency food only on a Whole30 - shouldn't be part of a meal. It looks like the only veg you had at lunch was lettuce and salsa.  Instead of the 3 Larabars, I would have 3 cups of vegetables with that meal.

Hi Paichka - congrats on your baby! Have you found out the gender (I know it's early but sometimes...). Is this your first Whole30? What's your motivation? Thanks for the reminder about the sauerkraut - that sounded just perfect!

@Chris -- I didn't realize laraballs/bars are considered for emergency use only. I realized when I ate the first one, and then the second, and then the third, that I might have a problem! They are homemade so they are small (maybe the equivalent of 1 1/2 Larabars) but I'll be holding off on making any more! 

Day two is going alright craving-wise and physically. However, I forgot how grumpy and cross I got in those first days last time. It's exacerbated by having frozen pipes=no water and a sick baby waking us up early. Hoping my dentist appt today goes well so I don't have to top this day off with news of a cavity or anything!

M1: scotch egg, marinated carrots, small bowl of pineapple and blueberries, green tea with coconut oil

S: scotch egg, marinated carrots, more green tea

M2: big salad with carrots, green peppers, egg, and turkey, three laraballs, decaf black tea

S: probably will be roasted veggies and slice of meatloaf if I need it (I'll probably eat it anyhow since dinner will be late)

M3: crockpot salsalita pork chops, sauteed cabbage, maybe last bit of pineapple before it goes bad

Day three going well so far. No cavities yesterday, the water came back on more quickly today, I'm a bit more mellow today - but now we don't have hot water??? C'est la vie. Cravings aren't too bad and I've been so busy with other things I haven't been thinking too much about how I hate doing the Whole30 (I know, bad attitude, last time it improved towards the second week). 

M1: sausage and one egg, sweet potatoes, green tea with coconut oil

M2: salsalite pork chop, cabbage, mango and blueberries, green tea

S: not sure 

M3: pot roast, maybe something else with it

Exercise - probably a short yoga video as I'm short on time and tired from baby's night waking. 

I'm really not feeling the Whole30 thing. I just don't feel like doing it. I'm already feeling overwhelmed  by homeschooling, pregnancy, winter blahs, etc, and I feel like I haven't gotten back on a normal routine and I just don't feel like adding more "complexity" to our daily life. But at least I'm not feeling as badly as I did the first week of my last Whole30. 

M1: sausage and eggs, sweet potatoes, decaf black tea

S: two slices of ham, one laraball, tea

M2: salad with chicken slices, tea

S: don't know - probably an apple and some nuts or ham

M3: will be roast chicken, maybe more salad, some leftover veggies

exercise: maybe yoga - I really need to do the harder workout videos I have but I'm still so tired

Archived