Beef puree (Beef Stew Soup)

drtracyb

I just made the strangest thing - I think.  Chime in if this is something real.  A while back I made pot roast in the slow cooker, with roasted carrots, brussels sprouts, and carmelized onions.  We ate it then, and then I froze it.  Well, I unfroze the left overs this weekend and we ate them for another two days.  And basically my family is sick of it, and sick of beef, as we've been beefed out this weekend.  I really didn't want to refreeze it.  So -

I threw the actual beef in the Vitamix, added some chicken stock, added the carrots, the brussels sprouts and the carmelized onions, and blended the whole thing.  So, basically, I made beef stew soup/puree.  I can't find anything like that online except for baby food.  And it's delicious!  I'm having a bowl for M1 after looking at the former leftovers thinking I couldn't stand to eat beef stew one more time.  I hope blitzing my meat isn't a swypo type of thing.  My kids hate beef and I think this might be a way to get it into them, too.

• Moderators

This is okay. You've basically made soup and the texture change is enough to make it seem really different. We wouldn't want you to puree every meal like this, but it is a fine thing to change things up occasionally.

Archived