My first Whole30, starting 7. January

Nheco

Hi everyone

I'm 26 and from Switzerland.

I decided to give Whole30 a try. I found this site through a paleo site. I just cooked sometimes paleo, but yet I didn't do it just paleo.

The reason why I want to try Whole30 is, that I feel almost all the time tired and energy less. I didn't find any cause for that problem yet, so I think maybe it's the way I eat. 

I think my biggest problem on the program will be, not eating any sweets. (I hardly can't without it) I hope I can overcome my desire for it. (Also another reason to try Whole30, to show me, that I can without sweet) I think the other meals won't be that much of a problem, since I since some days cook anyway paleo. What I also hope from Whole30 is losing some weights, but I'm pretty positive for that to happen. (I mean cutting of all sweet stuff, that must lead to weight loss. Especially since 1/3 or more of my calories came from sweets.) 

^^ But yeah I will see what my Whole30 journey will bring. (I really hope I can endure it.) 

Ok Day one started. ^^ 
For Breakfast I had some Brazil Nuts. (I don't get really up that early, so it's enough to eat some nuts) However I wonder what I will eat, on other days in the morning, I did yet not really eat often breakfast and at the moment I tend more to like to eat some Fruits. (It's just this, here we don't eat usually warm breakfast at all. Normal breakfast would be more something like Müesli, Chocolate-Milk, Orange juice, bread and such stuff) (That's why I tend more to probably eat fruits and nuts for breakfast. ) 

For lunch I had Veal Paupiettes http://paleodietlifestyle.com/veal-paupiettes/ and Cumin-Roasted Carrots (Recipe in Well Fed Book) 
I had made some more, so I can eat it also as dinner. (Probably making some other vegetables too then.) I also intend to eat some fruits as dinner. 
However I did not find any beef broth, without maltodextrin and other stuff inside. (I just put nothing inside…) 

^^ Happily today also arrived the Nom Nom Paleo Cookbook, so I easily will have some other recipes to try. (Haven't written yet a meal plan, I usually do that, so that I have some idea what to cook, and don¨t need to search too long, for not knowing what to eat) 

I hope I can resist when other people may offer me something, but I will just say, that I'm on diet. (And that I follow a Low-Carb diet maybe, I think so people will most easily understand, why I don't eat, what they offer) Good thing is, I since long ago distanced me from the food of my parents, so they don't try anymore to force me eat the same as they eat. (For example they eat to the veal paupiettes I made some pasta. Seems they don't come along that a recipe has no side dish like pasta, rice or so) 

I think the interesting part will anyway be evening, when I most likely start to crave sweets. (Up to lunch was never a problem to eat healthy)

Ok Day one started. ^^ 
For Breakfast I had some Brazil Nuts. (I don't get really up that early, so it's enough to eat some nuts) However I wonder what I will eat, on other days in the morning, I did yet not really eat often breakfast and at the moment I tend more to like to eat some Fruits. (It's just this, here we don't eat usually warm breakfast at all. Normal breakfast would be more something like Müesli, Chocolate-Milk, Orange juice, bread and such stuff) (That's why I tend more to probably eat fruits and nuts for breakfast. ) 

OK, a few things.

Do you have a copy of the Whole30 meal template?  Every single meal should follow this template: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf

As a result, fruit and nuts is not a satisfactory breakfast for a Whole30.  For each meal, have 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of vegetables, and the appropriate amount of healthy fat, per the template.

Also, Whole30 is not a low carb diet.  It's a whole foods way of eating. You can get plenty of carbs from vegetables such as sweet potatoes, winter squash, rutabaga, parsnips, beets, carrots, jicama and plantains.

Reserve your 1-2 servings of fruit per day to have as part of your meal, but don't let fruit push protein, veggies or fats off your plate.

If you are used to a cold breakfast, one place you can start is to have 2-3 hard-boiled eggs (that you previously cooked and refrigerated), a red and green pepper cut into strips, served with guacamole for dipping.

@GFChris
Ok, I will try to change the breakfast. Veggies with guacamole sounds nice. ^^ Maybe I will try to cook breakfast too, I will see what nice recipes I will find for breakfast. 

@RangerPrincess
Thanks, good luck to you too. ^^ 

Archived