Starting January 9, anyone want to join?

CGinDC

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lisabug, I also keep ginger root in the freezer. That way, when a cold sneaks up, you can just lop a piece off and put it into whatever kind of tea you are drinking. It also helps settle an upset tummy. I am a firm believer in all things ginger. :) 

CGinDC, we will open a VERY nice bottle of bubbles I have in the fridge after Feb. 7. Lots to celebrate. Here's to taking good care of ourselves and working towards getting the lives we want.

Blens, the chocolate chili is on my to do list! 

Had the chili tonight. Not bad, but still prefer my regular recipe with the beans. My family didn't like it, but that's ok - more for me to freeze into individual servings for quick meals.

Still feeling rough today, added that piece of ginger to my tea, so we'll see how that works.

Hope you are all doing well :)

Well I'm having the most stressful month ever... $3500 in car repairs, picked it up yesterday to drive two hours home and then to work to get ten hours of double time overtime... It broke down again 45 minutes into the trip.  Towed it back to the shop, missed out on the overtime that I need very, very much to pay for the repairs, and didn't get to eat dinner until 9:30 pm.  I was starving sitting at a gas station, not craving the junk they sell there, but hungry and wishing that I could grab something quick.  Also have a lot going on at work, which is also crazy stressful.

Yesterday was day 15 for me, half way through! Although to be very honest, I'm hardly counting the days anymore and keep having to look at a calendar. I'm loving the program and find it less stressful to be on Whole30 because I can count on myself to eat properly instead of eating junk and what ever is available to me.  Donuts at a big work meeting yesterday?  Those wouldn't taste good and would surely make me feel like crap.  Before Whole30 I would cave easily to the junk and then that would stress me out as well because I ate a bunch of crap!

Lisabug, hope you feel better soon!!

Wow, Blens, that's terrible luck with the car. I'm impressed you didn't need to turn to food to cope. Definitely sounds like you're over the hump - and halfway there too. That must feel great :) Do you think you'll just continue on with the program after day 30?. I'm doing ok with cravings the last bit too. Still feeling rough today, and I've passed it on to my hubby, so at least now I've got company to lay around with. There's only so many movies you can watch though, you know?

Haha Lisabug, glad you have company, and a partner in illness!

I never wanted the junk food, just wanted food, hopefully the car gets fixed today, I have 6 ten hour shifts coming up this week 2 hours away from where I am now.... I need a car.

Well, I'm still here. Anybody else??? My second day 10 today, and although I was feeling a little weak(tempted), I didn't cheat. Feels good to stick with it. And it might just be wishful thinking, but my pants felt just a touch roomier today. Downside is I haven't lost the slight asthma symptoms that returned when I cheated eleven days ago. They disappeared much quicker the first time.

Hope all is well with the rest of you :)

Second round much better Blens. I've lost count of the days too. That's a good thing, cause it just feels like routine now. Asthma symptoms gone again, sleeping better, but I still seem to have that 4:00 pm slump, where I'm just so tired. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with what I'm eating for lunch or what.

So what happens for you on day 31? Are you going to continue, or try adding foods back in? I'd almost feel scared to change anything, for fear it would just snowball back to the way I was eating before.

Well... Today was day 33 for me... and I still haven't had anything non compliant.  I'm scared for a few reasons to break my Whole30.  I'm scared to feel like crap from eating something.  I'm scared that eating something that doesn't make me healthy wont give me a bad enough effect to keep me from wanting to cave into eating it.  I'm scared that as soon as I break it I will go crazy overboard...  I just don't know.  Think I might try dairy tomorrow, but leery of too much sugar (I would love a chai latte as that's the only thing I really like dairy in).

The one reason I would like to get my reintroductions out of the way is my birthday is next week and I would like to be able to go out for dinner.  Unlikely that I will eat something crazy off plan, but who knows what is in restaurant food and I would love to just enjoy a meal without too much worry.  If I don't get my reintroductions done I worry about ruining it with a restaurant meal.

How are the rest of you doing???

Well... Today was day 33 for me... and I still haven't had anything non compliant.  I'm scared for a few reasons to break my Whole30.  I'm scared to feel like crap from eating something.  I'm scared that eating something that doesn't make me healthy wont give me a bad enough effect to keep me from wanting to cave into eating it.  I'm scared that as soon as I break it I will go crazy overboard...  I just don't know.  Think I might try dairy tomorrow, but leery of too much sugar (I would love a chai latte as that's the only thing I really like dairy in).

The one reason I would like to get my reintroductions out of the way is my birthday is next week and I would like to be able to go out for dinner.  Unlikely that I will eat something crazy off plan, but who knows what is in restaurant food and I would love to just enjoy a meal without too much worry.  If I don't get my reintroductions done I worry about ruining it with a restaurant meal.

How are the rest of you doing???

Do you know where you are going to go out to eat? If you plan that birthday dinner now and choose what you think you would like to order you can prioritize the correct reintroductions first.

As someone who had no severe physical reactions on reintro I will say I still keep most things out most of the time because I don't start feeling the affects until I have some build up in my system. I didn't fully realize this until the end of the holidays and I started feeling like crap again. 

Don't know where I'll be eating out yet, but I'll look into it and keep what you suggested in mind! My first off plan meal is lunch today, having white potato instead of sweet potato (I would prefer sweet potato, but I was all out and I'm at my parents now and they definitely don't have any).... Slowly getting closer to real reintroductions! Lol

Wow, you did it Blens. Congratulations. :). I was worried about the same thing when I finally finish my whole30. How to prevent going back to bad eating, outside of the routine and structure of the program.

Seems like my whole30 will never get completed though. I totally missed the rule about something called carrageenan, and unfortunately the coconut milk I was using in my coffee had it in it. :(. SIGH.....so now day 4 for me - or day 22 of a whole48, as someone suggested, so mentally I don't give up.

Oh jeez!! Kudos for you for keeping with it! I ended up finding the willpower to reintroduce dairy today.

Ended up sprinkling cheese on my hash I made for lunch, had a tea with milk in it, half a glass of milk with dinner, and ice cream. I feel bloated, have a headache (although I can't necessarily say the headache is from the milk as they're fairly common for me, I think it definitely contributed though). And my stomach feels heavy/overfull... But I didn't over eat. Weird feeling that I can't really describe.

Glad I reintroduced dairy today as I was at my parent's where dairy is plentiful so I didn't have to buy any of it to just try and then not want.

I honestly can't wait to get back on plan tomorrow.

Archived