Hot cup of awesome!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to post about the most delicious thing ever that I had for breakfast yesterday. I got the idea from the blog PaleoPot, and it was super-easy. I mixed about equal portions of coconut milk and chicken broth, and added a squirt of lemon juice. I wanted to use lime as I was basically trying to mimic the Thai soup called tom kha gai, but lemon was totally yummy. 

PaleoPot suggests using red curry paste, but I didn't have any on hand and this was delicious as is. I bet green curry paste would work too, and I'm sure it would've been even better if I had used homemade broth, but I don't always have that either. 

The light sweetness of this soup made it extra-good for breakfast, given that I'm new to this and still not totally used to eating savory stuff for my first meal of the day. Yum!

Sounds awesome. Especially if you froth it a bit. Yellow curry paste and lemongrass taste great in it too. 

P.S There was protein and veggies in your breakfast too, right? Just checking  ^_^

P.P.S What broth did you use then? I have never seen a compliant broth in the stores...

• 4 weeks later...

P.P.S What broth did you use then? I have never seen a compliant broth in the stores...

Imagine brand (in the box) makes a compliant chicken broth, but I don't think all of their chicken broth options are compliant.  Also, Swanson's natural.  I noticed yesterday that Pacific brand makes a Chicken Cooking Stock (or something like that) that is compliant.

Pacific makes a veggie and a mushroom broth that are both compliant.  So far, I haven't found a beef or turkey broth without sugar or other yucky stuff.

Imagine brand (in the box) makes a compliant chicken broth, but I don't think all of their chicken broth options are compliant.  Also, Swanson's natural.

What Swanson broth are you finding that is compliant?

The Swanson "Natural Goodness" Chicken Broth contains dextrose (sugar).

The Swanson "Certified Organic" Free Range Chicken Broth has sugar, cane juice, molasses, potato flour and canola oil.

The Swanson "All Natural 99% Fat Free" Chicken broth contains MSG, dextrose, sugar, corn and soy.

The Swanson "Cooking Stock" contains dextrose.

Archived