Dem's Whole30 log

Dem

It's hard keeping up with the group that started Jan 1 so I decided to track my food here. Today is day 7. I am nursing twins so I snack a lot.

M1, at 5:30 when the twins got up: sweet potato/sausage hash, sautéed kale, 2 fried eggs. 2 cups Decaf with coconut milk.

M2, at 8:30, diced chicken, spinach, salsa in a 2 egg white omelette with half avocado. Pineapple.

Snack: raisins, almonds, coconut flakes

M3, at 11:30, 2 bowls fish stew (made with coconut milk).

Wow, that seems like a lot of food. And I'm sure I will eat at least twice more today.

Ok thanks Chris.

Ate 2 more meals yesterday and followed both of them with fruit. Ugh. Feeling very depressed and want to quit. Disappointed in myself for feeding the sugar dragon with fruit and also upset about some personal stuff. Life is hard without sugar.

Ok thanks Chris.

Ate 2 more meals yesterday and followed both of them with fruit. Ugh. Feeling very depressed and want to quit. Disappointed in myself for feeding the sugar dragon with fruit and also upset about some personal stuff. Life is hard without sugar.

It *is* ok to have 1-2 servings of fruit per day, with or immediately after a meal. Serving = size of yout fist. No need to be disappointed in yourself.  :)

M1: 2 chicken thighs, big salad with olive oil, coffee with coconut milk

Snack: two h.b. eggs, two larabars

M2: can of tuna with olive oil, almonds, cherries

Decaf with coconut milk

M3: roasted cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli, meatza topped with spinach, couple handfuls of grapes, almonds, raisins

So I am feeling a lot happier now. I really had a dark cloud hanging over my head the past couple days. I am proud of myself for staying strong when I wanted nothing more than to dive into a bowl of ice cream. My goal for tomorrow is to limit myself to two servings of fruit.

M1: sweet potato sausage hash, spinach, 2 fried eggs, half avocado, decaf with coconut milk

M2: 2 chicken thighs. Green salad, apple, almonds

Snack: a few bites of dd's larabar

M3: 2 hb eggs, larabar, 2. bowls fish stew (made with coconut milk)

M4: 1 chicken thigh, salad with evoo, 1/2 grapefruit, baked sweet potato w/ ghee

So, 3 1/2 servings of fruit. Ok. Try again tomorrow. Baby boy was soooo fussy today, I was running around like crazy but couldn't get anything done. Only one cup of coffee, yay. Feeling tired tonight.

Yup, tomorrow's a clean slate.

Watch the larabars going forward - they are to be used for emergency food only.  Don't have as part a meal.

Also, get more veggies in. Aim for 1-3 cups per meal. Looks like one meal missed out on each of the last two days?

Yes, those larabars are definitely food without brakes for me.

Was really tempted to cheat today. Able to distract myself by cleaning house. Now my house looks nice :)

M1: sweet potato, sauerkraut, hamburger, 2 fried eggs

M2: salad with evoo, 1 chicken thigh, sweet potato, half avocado, blueberries with pecans

Snack: hb egg, sweet potato, larabar

M3: roasted cauliflower and carrots, salad w/ evoo, veggie meatballs, raisins and almonds

Excited to make pad Thai from well fed tomorrow. I've never had regular pad Thai.

Today I started feeling good. No more temptation to quit. I realized yesterday that quitting will not improve my life at all. Using food to deal with the hard stuff doesn't make the hard stuff easier. I went over all my reasons for doing this, and that helped me a lot.

M1: 2 fried eggs, 2 hamburger patties, roasted cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, a little spinach, decaf with coconut milk

M2: big salad with evoo, steak, chicken thigh, snacked on cashews while cooking

Snack: sweet potato with ghee, chicken thigh, 3 clementines

M3: Pad Thai from Well Fed (yes it IS amazing!); snacked on raisins and almonds while cooking

I know I need to get a handle on the snacking, but compared to how I was eatiIng two weeks ago this was amazing. And I didn't eat any larabars!

Today I started feeling good. No more temptation to quit. I realized yesterday that quitting will not improve my life at all. Using food to deal with the hard stuff doesn't make the hard stuff easier. I went over all my reasons for doing this, and that helped me a lot.

M1: 2 fried eggs, 2 hamburger patties, roasted cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, a little spinach, decaf with coconut milk

M2: big salad with evoo, steak, chicken thigh, snacked on cashews while cooking

Snack: sweet potato with ghee, chicken thigh, 3 clementines

M3: Pad Thai from Well Fed (yes it IS amazing!); snacked on raisins and almonds while cooking

I know I need to get a handle on the snacking, but compared to how I was eatiIng two weeks ago this was amazing. And I didn't eat any larabars!

Great eating and even better realizations too! Way to go!

M1: 2 cups decaf with coconut milk, 2 scrambled eggs with spinach, roasted cabbage and carrots, half avocado

Snack: leftover pad Thai, 2 clementines

M2: big salad with chicken thigh, almonds and raisins

Snack: frozen banana, 2 hb egg whites, decaf with coconut milk

M3: big salad with fajita meat, 2 clementines

Wow I was feeling fruity today! Had a hard family issue come up today and I momentarily thought about throwing it all out the window but then I realized the problem won't disappear if I give up. If anything, eating this way gives me something positive to focus on in the midst of chaos and dysfunction. It's one area of my life I can control when everything else is out of my hands.

M1: 2 cups decaf with coconut milk, 3 fried eggs, roasted cabbage and carrots, side pork, 2 clementines

Snack: 2 larabars (I know!)

M2: spaghetti squash with ghee, roasted cabbage, several meatballs, raisins

Decaf with coconut milk

M3: salmon, big salad, sweet potato

ETA: late night snack of side pork.

Lots of energy today but I've noticed this little voice popping up unexpectedly, saying things like, "cake sounds so good right now" or "how about some sugar cookies?" It's random and just comes out of nowhere.

Feeling skinnier too.

Don't really want to post tonight because I was *bad* today. Well, here goes.

M1: chicken thigh, big salad, 2 cups decaf with coconut milk, one piece side pork

M2: small hamburger topped with fried egg, roasted cauliflower, two clementines.

Snack: two larabars

M .3: leftover pad Thai, salad with olives, snacked on grapes while making food

Snack: two hb eggs and decaf with coconut milk

M4: better butter chicken over spinach

So tired I can barely keep me eyes open.

Felt pretty good today.

M1: side pork, 2 eggs, decaf with coconut milk, roasted carrots and cauliflower

M2: salad with evoo, curry chicken with coconut milk, 3 clementines

Snacked on cashews

M3: salad with evoo, lamb steak, sweet potatoes

Snack: cashews, handful of grapes, decaf with coconut milk

M4: curry beef with coconut milk, spaghetti squash

Ate a lot of cashews today, but I guess that's better than fruit. Need to go grocery shopping.

Fell asleep last night before logging my food, but yesterday was fine.

Today so far:

M1: decaf with coconut milk, 2 eggs fried; scrambled to get out the door so didn't eT a very filling breakfast

Snack: larabar

M2: stir fried beef with spinach, carrots, olives, handful of grapes

Edited to add the rest of my meals

Snacked on lots of walnuts and 4 prunes while making m3

M3: lamb chops, spaghetti squash with ghee, wilted spinach

M4: ate some grapes while making fish cakes, baked sweet potato with ghee, 2 bites of dd's banana

Found some almond butter with no sugar at the store today! Hooray! Also make some paleo treats for fam and did not eat any!

M1: decaf with coconut milk, 3 fried eggs with chicken, spinach, roasted pepper hash, all topped with extra ghee, baked sweet potato with ghee, grapes

Snack: walnuts and a second cup of coffee

Snack 2: larabar. eaten in the checkout line of the grocery store!

M2: roasted chicken leg, raw broccoli dipped in canola oil (I know it's not good but I was at someone's house and she didn't have olive oil), raw tomatoes, 2 hb eggs, and a banana

M3: chicken leg, roasted cabbage, spaghetti squash with ghee

Snack/ dessert: ate a larabar after dinner. I was frustrated with dh. Halfway through the bar I realized, this is so stupid! I am getting back at my hubby by eating a larabar??? Not a smart choice!

Had a good day. M2 was at grandma's house, and i managed to resist the ice cream and cake she offered. Finally went shooting at the good grocery store today and now I am totally stocked up with veggies!

Eta: got hungry after dinner and ate Another chicken thigh.

M1: spaghetti squash with ghee, 3 fried eggs with spinach, roasted pepper, chicken hash, decaf with coconut milk

Snack: roasted almonds, hb egg, orange

M2: kale and arugula salad, chicken leg, carrots dipped in Moraccan dipping sauce, spaghetti squash, ate a larabar for dessert, was craving a cookie

Snack: an apple

M3: pork sliders, spaghetti squash with ghee, riced cauliflower

Wanted to quit again today.

M1: freeze dried pineapple (oops), 2 pork sliders topped with fried eggs, spinach and bell pepper hash, spaghetti squash

Snack: decaf with coconut milk, 2 hb eggs, pork slider

M2: 2 bowls fish stew with bell peppers and spinach

Fell asleep before posting last night. Today:

M1: fish stew with spinach and half avocado, decaf with coconut milk

M2: 2 pork sliders, roasted cabbage

Snack; a lot of almonds

M3: chicken leg with cauliflower rice, sweet potato

Archived