Whole30 Approved Fig Recipes?

Benjamin Jarrell

I traded a friend a bunch of tomatoes for a giant bowl of figs. Does anyone have any creative Whole30 fig recipes? Although I could probably stuff these down my hole all day, figs have such a short shelf life they'd probably go bad before I reached the bottom of this ginormous bowl. Most of the recipes I've found online call for either added sugar or dairy.

551019_765208459155_762540533_n.jpg

I've never used fresh figs before because I didn't know what to do with them, but your question has inspired me and I'm going to try and find some today! Here are some recipes I found that appear to be whole30 compliant.

Bacon-Wrapped Figs

Wrap each fig with a piece of bacon (I like to use a slice of bacon halved lengthwise and wrap it around the fig in a spiral). Place figs on a baking sheets and broil, turning as needed, until bacon is crisped and browned. Serve hot.

Thin strips of pancetta or prosciutto work nicely, too.

Fig & Pancetta Salad

Add chopped figs and chopped, cooked pancetta or bacon to a simple tossed green salad. A balsamic vinegar dressing is a good match.

Fig Coulis

In a blender or food processor, whirl figs with a splash of balsamic or sherry vinegar and enough olive oil to make the puree pourable. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Heat gently and serve with pork, chicken, duck, or turkey.

Archived