Another day 1, :(

Mom2A&M

The sadest part is I don't even know why I ate off plan foods....maybe it was being snowed and frozen inside for so many days in a row (school was cancelled and my work closed due to severe weather) and this following winter break too. Two days ago I ate a salad for dinner and it left me unfulfilled. (I also find it interesting that coincides with reading a forum post about measuring greens in terms of cooked amount and not raw because most people are not eating enough to feel full) anyway... My husband came home and confessed to me he cheated by eating portions and ice cream and I was disappointed and jealous all at the same time. So I went hunting in my kitchen looking for something and I made the choice to eat whatever I could find. Cheese, muffins, fruit leathes etc...and I ate ALL I could find. I felt so bad that I repeated it yesterday, actually went to the store to buy treats and binged the entire day (makes sense, right?) I felt AWFUL last night, physically and mentally.

Today, I am determined not to beat myself up again and to have a clean 100% compliant day! No more drowning in disappointment. I had a hard time with M1 since I am still so full but I had as much food as I could and the rest is in my fridge if I'm hungry before M2. Chicken sausage and cauli mash with a cup of coffe. Thanks for listening!

My husband came home yesterday and told me how proud he was of himself when he didn't eat any of the chocolates from the big box that the boys in work put in front of him.  (He reckons they put it in front of him just because they know he's on the Whole 30)  I was offered chocolates in school yesterday too and he said that he would have been really upset had I been eating chocolate in school when he'd passed on the lovely special Christmas chocolates that you only get once a year.

I think it can be both easier and harder doing a Whole30 with someone else. But good on you for getting back on board with it.

The sadest part is I don't even know why I ate off plan foods....maybe it was being snowed and frozen inside for so many days in a row (school was cancelled and my work closed due to severe weather) and this following winter break too. Two days ago I ate a salad for dinner and it left me unfulfilled. (I also find it interesting that coincides with reading a forum post about measuring greens in terms of cooked amount and not raw because most people are not eating enough to feel full) anyway... My husband came home and confessed to me he cheated by eating portions and ice cream and I was disappointed and jealous all at the same time. So I went hunting in my kitchen looking for something and I made the choice to eat whatever I could find. Cheese, muffins, fruit leathes etc...and I ate ALL I could find. I felt so bad that I repeated it yesterday, actually went to the store to buy treats and binged the entire day (makes sense, right?) I felt AWFUL last night, physically and mentally.

Today, I am determined not to beat myself up again and to have a clean 100% compliant day! No more drowning in disappointment. I had a hard time with M1 since I am still so full but I had as much food as I could and the rest is in my fridge if I'm hungry before M2. Chicken sausage and cauli mash with a cup of coffe. Thanks for listening!

You can do this! I am sorry that you got off the plan but you can always start again. One thing that really saves me is to have a lot of prepped foods so that I don't have the excuse of "there's nothing to eat" or I don't want to take the time to make something. I also experiment with a lot of different foods and find stuff that I absolutely love so that I don't feel deprived. Also you mentioned that you just had salad for dinner, if that is all you had then I understand why you were still hungry. One thing that I have done this time is eat until I am stuffed. I have three eggs and 1 cup of sweet potato hash in the morning. I can barely finish it, but I am not hungry until lunch. Also make sure you eat some protein and fat because they really help. Keep some fruit on hand. I know that they say you shouldn't eat fruit as a snack but I would rather eat a bowl of fruit then a bag of chips if I am going to fall off the plan.

This is not about perfection it is about health. And it seems that it is not just about physical health but maybe mental health as well. It is amazing how food can effect us emotionally. I like to have coffee every day actually I don't drink coffee I drink Teeccino an herbal coffee. Unfortunately it is not Whole30 compliant so I am drinking decaf during the Whole30. For me it is not about the caffeine addiction but the ritual of having coffee with cream. I usually have a glass of wine at night. Again I think it is about the ritual. I don't need the wine but sometimes I think "a glass of wine would be so nice right now". Keep the faith and stay warm!

So I went hunting in my kitchen looking for something and I made the choice to eat whatever I could find.

I definitely do this on occasion. That's why every time I start a Whole30 I clean the kitchen out. Completely. If it's non-compliant it has to go because if it stays I know I'll eat it. And once I do it once I know that I'll head right down to the store in the next couple days and do it again.

On the plus side, every time I do a Whole30 I throw less out because I don't collect that stuff in the first place. Someday I won't have to throw away anything.

I definitely do this on occasion. That's why every time I start a Whole30 I clean the kitchen out. Completely. If it's non-compliant it has to go because if it stays I know I'll eat it. And once I do it once I know that I'll head right down to the store in the next couple days and do it again.

On the plus side, every time I do a Whole30 I throw less out because I don't collect that stuff in the first place. Someday I won't have to throw away anything.

Can't really do this since my husband and kids aren't eating this way. I've done it before so I know I can do it. Today is going great, no temptations and feeling positive. Thanks all.

Archived