I had "the dream"

ktothev

I started my Whole30 on January 1. I had really cleaned up my diet prior to this, so I didn't experience the carb flu...and I also seem to have skipped the Kill All The Things period...but last night, I had "the dream". In the dream, I was at a crappy restuarant (with my exhusband, go figure) and I ate a sandwich. And it wasn't even that good. And then I completely and totally panicked! OMG, I have to start over!

I woke up in a cold sweat, lol. I'm not sure what the worse part was - dreaming about screwing up my whole30 or that I was out to dinner with my exhusband!

Today I'm dreamed also about food, I dreamed I cooked something, but then put a lot of honey in it. I assured myself it would be okay, since it's paleo, but the food I cooked was nearly drowned in honey. (I think I wouldn't like to eat that much honey) I thought also, oh no, now I can¨t start over the whole Whole30. (But I didn't feel that bad, I think in reality I would feel really bad, if I would have done that..)

For my first week, I had dreams like this every night. Sometimes, I would un-thinkingly consume the thing and go "oh, no! Why did I do that! How could I forget I'm on my Whole30!" Sometimes, I would catch myself as I brought the taboo item to my lips, thinking the same thing. The saddest one was the wine tasting I dreamed I was at and had to skip. :( A glass of wine is the only thing I am missing right now.

I don't know about you, but the first couple weeks of the program, I'm thinking about food constantly: meal planning, grocery list making, grumping about restrictions. So, it makes sense to me that I have it on the brain when I sleep. Just so long as I remember when I wake up that it was only a dream and I'm going to beat this. :)

Yeah I also think a lot about meal making, I think this is why I dreamt about food, because I thought about cooking. (And I have some recipes with honey in it, which I would need to omit. I think that was the reason, why this dream came.) (I don't cook these recipes, because if I know how it should taste, I may be sad, when it's not as sweet as I know it)

Archived