Mama E's Food Log - Week 2

Mama.epstein

Today starts Week 2 of my first Whole 30!  Week 1 was difficult and trying but had a lot of major accomplishments that I'm super proud of!

Knowing myself, I know that week 2 of any new program I start is usually where things go wrong so today is "Cooking up a storm day!".  For instance I did not want eggs for breakfast again today. Like really, 6 days in a row (although cooked differently and with different veggies) I had had enough.

So this is what today SHOULD look like.

Breakie:

A smoothie - 2 cups of almond milk, 1/2 cup of mixed frozen strawberries, banana, pineapple and mango, 1/2 cup of frozen spinach, 1 tbsp of chia seeds, 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.

Lunch - shrimp stir fried with spinach, broccoli, onion, garlic, cauliflower and a trader joe's mix of chopped veggies (carrots, radish, jicama etc).  An orange or apple to finish it off.

Dinner - http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/02/23/5-spice-slow-cooker-pork-ribs/%C2'>

Watching tv snack if i'm hungry - roma tomato and cucumber with some rice vinegar.

Btw...i did cheat this morning. Not food wise. I got on the scale. 10lbs of water gone!!! only 90 more to go lol:)

Oops! Dinner was my first attempt at spaghetti squash (meh), a cucumber tomato salad with rice vinegar and the well fed stand up crock pot ribs.

Weird day- totally blue and freaking hungry all day. Ended up having a grapefruit at 4pm .. Just means no after dinner snack

Archived