Rachael's Whole30 Log

RachaelStJ

I started my Whole30 on 7Jan! I'm very nervous about this all, but I REALLY want to do it, and "reset" my body. I am too young to feel this old! :)

Day 1, 7Jan

Breakfast: (Not the best breakfast for starting out my Whole30, but I woke up late!)

1/2 Grapefruit

Almonds

Lunch:

Grass fed beef with spices

Cauliflower "rice"

Bell peppers

Dinner:

Chicken with spices

Lettuce with bell peppers and olive oil

Applesauce

Hi Rachael!  I am new to this too but love it so far!  Am on Day 7.

I have always been a breakfast eater but in the past I would eat toast/cereal/egg etc and wonder why I was starving by 10:00.  Now I have been having a big breakfast with eggs, veges, sometimes a sausage, avocado and sometimes a fruit and I am amazed that I am good until noon.  About 4.5 hours and even at noon I can't say I am starving!

If you aren't a morning person, you could make up a frittata at night and have it ready to heat in the morning, add a bit of fat and maybe some fruit and you will be good to go

Joni

Thanks for that tip Joni! This morning I did much better and made some eggs with kale, onions, and tomatoes. So delicious, but I'm a newbie at cooking, so it takes me forever to prepare it! Prepping breakfast at night sounds like a great idea!

Rach

Welcome Rachael!

Nervousness is to be expected. It'll pass.

Breakfast is always kind of a beast. I think the best way to look at it as Meal 1, Meal 2 and Meal 3. Sometimes we can't get our brains to wrap around what to have for breakfast since our society is all about grains for breakfast. I personally make breakfast sausages from this recipe (I just omit the brown sugar). I prepare them in advance, freeze them, and take out tomorrow's sausage when I cook today so it can thaw in the fridge. I cook it in coconut oil and serve it was some kind of veggie. But, I've also had chicken, soup, and steak for breakfast.

Good luck!

Day 2:

Breakfast

Organic egg scramble with tomatoes, onions and kale

Lunch:

1/2 grapefruit

Almonds

Dinner:

Baked chicken breast with spices

Salad

Day 3:

Breakfast