Newbie right here!!

AndreaTilley

Hi, I am Andrea.  I was so excited to start this with a friend on Monday January 7th and I did not make it through the day.  So I started over yesterday (Tuesday) and I made it through the entire first day.  I am very excited about getting a cleaner, healthier me.  I wasn't really prepared on Monday and spent some time really prepping and researching yesterday.  So today is Day 2 and I am well on my way.  I am new to all of this so I am excited to read and absorb all of your great advice.   :D

Hi Andrea!

I think you will find, in reading a lot of posts, it comes down to being prepared. If you can spend a little time making a meal plan and prepping foods, you will be well on your way to a successful Whole 30. Life gets hectic, but if you already have veges and meats prepped, a meal can come together just as fast as you can think "screw it, let's just order a pizza"!  

Andrea, welcome! I agree with Heather - preparation is key. Also, as this program is all about replacing old habits with new ones, it does get easier and this style of eating becomes second nature if you stick with it!

I'm also doing my first Whole30 (started on January 2), but I've been eating generally paleo for about a year so the adjustment was a breeze for me. The most important thing to remember is that it's not just about getting through the thirty days, it's about learning a new way so after the thirty days you are able to carry positive and beneficial changes into your life long term and not fall back into unhealthy habits. Think about your personal motivations for doing this challenge and use that to fuel you! There's a ton of information and support out there. If you'd like to check out my blog (and anyone else too), please feel free!  I'm not just documenting my personal progress in this challenge, but trying to make it informative, motivational and fun for other people to read! Best of luck!

http://challengeuniversity.wordpress.com

Archived