Nheco’s Log (First Whole30, Started on 7.January)

Nheco

So maybe better make one thread for all the stuff to write down.

Ok day three started, so far not much trouble. I felt tired in the morning, but after eating something I feel now awake. (However I start to feel already a little bit hungry, or maybe it's not hunger, my stomach feel kinda empty. (but I had that often, not really mattered what I eat, even when I did overeating, my stomach fell like hungry… O_o) 

Ok for today`s lunch I had lamb rack with various spices as marinade, as vegetable I had an indian dish with lotus roots and sweet potatoes, (I took a recipe from a book and changed the stuff, which would not be ok with whole 30. (like use sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes, not using sugar and green peas)

I also will have some lamb rack again for dinnger. For the vegetables I did not yet decide what to use.

Ah yeah, had no breakfast again. (But I did just got up before lunch)

For dinner I had, the rest of the lamb rack and some indian cooking with mushrooms and coconut milk. 

Wow, had also a little bit of sweet craving, but not that bad, that I couldn't resist. 

However I was all the day tired. (Not so nice, hope that soon will improve)

I also noticed how much I did before see food as highlight of the day. (like whoa frappuccino, so great) A little bit sad, if food is highlight… (I wonder if happen so less happy things in my life, that foods could become such a highlight) 

Did you get up just before lunch because you slept more than 8 hours? 

It is better to think of your meals as meal 1, meal 2, and meal 3 rather than breakfast, lunch, and dinner, especially if you have an odd schedule. So meal 1 is within an hour of waking. meal 2 is 4-6 hours after that, and meal 3 is 4-6 hours after that. 

Oh ok, then I could eat at twelve , four and eat at eight o'clock? (I go sleep at midnight, would that not be to late for eating)

Yeah about labeling it breakfast and so, it's interesting how people label that, for me breakfast is on a certain time, but for other people it's just the first meal in the day. (And they did then also eat breakfasty stuff, even if it was lunch time) 

Oh ok, then I could eat at twelve , four and eat at eight o'clock? (I go sleep at midnight, would that not be to late for eating)

Yeah about labeling it breakfast and so, it's interesting how people label that, for me breakfast is on a certain time, but for other people it's just the first meal in the day. (And they did then also eat breakfasty stuff, even if it was lunch time) 

Are you going to bed at midnight and waking at 11 am? Then yes that would work fine though I might try and stretch it to more like twelve, five, and ten so you don't have such a long fast between the last and first meal of the day. 16 hours is a long time to go without eating. And 11 hours is a really long time to sleep. I've seen studies that show too much sleep on a regular basis can be just as detrimental to your health as too little. 8-9 hours is pretty ideal from what I've seen.

Whole30 in general wants you to disassociated specific foods from specific times of the day as it breaks an emotional habit with eating. I personally love eggs so I pretty much always have them for my first meal regardless of when I get up. But I've also had them for my 2nd or 3rd meal and I've had other protein sources for my 1st.

Yes, that's a the moment my sleeping pattern. Yeah I know it¨s long sleeping time, but that¨s also a reason why I started whole30, because of feeling so tired all time, and hardly able to come out of bed. (I had a better sleeping pattern in summer, I don't what influence it, that I feel so heavy to get up at the morning) However I feel at least like I did sleep better, since whole30. (Or I'm not sure, I just feel kinda more tired, that I could sleep really fast. But it does have had feel well.) 

^^ Ok to today meals, lunch was scallops with pears and vanilla , for afternoon I ate just some fruits (I know shouldn't have only eat them, but I didn't find something else, when I was in the city. (But okay, I will try to buy some fish (raw if I find such fresh one) or maybe smoked salmon or so (need to read the ingredients first, I'm not sure, what they do with it exactly) ) or maybe some roasted chestnuts (they should be still be in season) or I wonder if grilled chicken is ok. (I feel unsure, because I don't know if they would use any marinade for the skin.) (Or for example what about McDonalds's Chicken Wing's?)) For dinner I had fish with pineapple salsa (since I had so much fruits already, I tried not use too much pineapple and add more onions and cucumber to it)
Yeah was pretty fruity today. ^^; I try to reduce my fruit intake. 

Generally I felt well today, not as tired as yesterday, also my perception seams to be clearer. (That was before I ate something)
Someone, who saw me last for two weeks, also told me my skin is clearer. Also I have the feeling of losing weight. (no wonder, when compared to before I 1/3 of my calories got from sweets) (My belly feel flatter, than before.) 

Think it goes well so far, but I definitely need some better meal planing. 

McDonald's is a no no no no! If you are dining out just ask about how they prepare things what oils and such. If you are unsure you can just pull the skin off. This blog post might help with more specific ideas: http://whole9life.com/2012/11/dining-out-whole30/

I would suggest taking some time to meal plan a little more. You were seriously lacking in vegetables today and they are oh so very important!

@anzadel Thanks , love owls too.But never saw one in the wild (just in zoos) ^^ The Picture I have as avatar I drew myself. XD Yeah I'm anyway always fatigue, so I can't even say if it is from whole30 or not.

@Physibeth
Yeah I know not much veggies today… (I think I will try make a meal plan for a week or so)

So yesterday was a little bit difficult for eating, I was not at home the whole day, and I didn't had time to prepare some foods. I could stay to whole30, but ate a little bit less vegetables. Ok, for breakfast I had canned tuna and a banana (this time I was really that early up, that I could eat breakfast), for lunch I had some salmon sashimi (from a supermarket, wasn't really that tasty, I think I will prefer to just buy some raw fresh sushi fish and eat that.) and roasted chestnuts (I love them, so they will definitely be a food I will eat, when on the way, and don't find anything to eat. They are practically everywhere now.) for dinner I had coconut and shrimps salad (with asparagus and just some oil and herbs)
I also saw in a super market, guacamole with ingredients, which are ok for whole30. (Maybe I will next time prepare some vegetables slices and buy the guacamole. (I don't know, if I will prepare one at home, and then have it all the day in my bag or so, if that will be good for it..)

Ok, for today, I had for lunch parsnip "risotto" (It‘s just called risotto, because the parsnip was made into little pieces, so that it resembles rice) with tomatoes, snow peas, almond butter in it (this came in the end in it, so it wasn't heated) with salmon (with orange marinade) 
Since I made a lot of the food, I will eat it also for dinner. (But maybe I will make another vegetable to it then, I didn't decided yet)

The parsnip risotto was really tasty. I think I will share that recipe here later. 

For afternoon I had some chestnuts, dinner was left-overs from from lunch (parsnip risotto and salmon) and a banana. 

Were the chestnuts a snack? Make sure your snacks are a mini meal of a protein and fat (nuts are a fat source on a Whole30).

Today I had Paleo Pastelon http://theprimalappetite.com/2012/10/01/paleo-pastelon-sweet-plantain-lasagna/ (I made it with bananas, because I found no plantains (the store, who have them sometimes, didn't had any) , also I used no raisins and olives, because I don't like them. Instead I put more bell peppers in it.) I have made enough for eating it also for dinner. 
For afternoon meal I think I will get me some nice raw fish. (I so love it. It's a little bit expensive though, but then, if I think how much sweets and fast foods cost, it's not really more expensive than that.)

I have know enough vegetables at home, to make nice stuff out of it. (cherry tomatoes, parsnip, butternut squash) Hmm I would also like to make something with seaweed, but japanese recipes fall out anyway. (Because I have no coconut aminos, and also many recipes use sake or mirin, and also often sugar. )
^^ In store I saw some special carrots, I will think about making something with carrots too, since I want try this carrots. 

Ok, about how I feel, today I slept less well, but yeah I don't know why this is. But for today, I feel very well. I feel more lightly than ever. (Before Whole30 I often feel very heavy and sluggish.) I don't know if this feeling lighter is of actually been lighter or if it of having more energy or so) 
Also I have the feeling my nose get more sensitive. I was not that good able to smell anything before, but know I often have the feeling smells are more present than before. (I will watch this, I'm not so sure yet, if there is something changed really or not) 

Ok had just pastelon today (was enough to satisfy me, however I had just two meal, I need to think about how to make three meals) 

Oh and I found some nice liquid smoke in the store. I think I will love to use that. ^^

Today's meal was Chicken Nuggets from Nom Nom Paleo Cookbook (there just coated with tapioca starch) and Avocado-Basil-Sauce for Dipping, and Parsnip-Apple Latkes with Smoked Salmon http://www.plaidandpaleo.com/2013/11/paleo-parsnip-apple-latkes-with-smoked.html%C2'>
Very tasty that food. I will maybe have it for dinner too. (Depends if I will go to cinema or not tonight, if so I will eat something on my way. (I thought about Beef Jerky, raw fish, chestnuts , fruits, maybe I find some salad, with ok ingredients, kimchi (if the ingredients are ok))

I sleep better, but still way too long. XD 

Also I noticed yesterday, that I was slightly hungry, but it was as horrible, when I felt hungry in my pre-whole30-days (then I was hungry right after a hour or two, no matter how big my meal was.) Anyway I'm kinda unsure, I still feel that my stomach feels empty after one to two hours. (It feels like when really hungry) My mood wasn't changed through hunger.

Today I cooked Chicken with welsh onions, garlic, ginger, zucchini, pineapple, tomatoes, carrot, cashew nuts, coconutflakes, spiced with Ras el-Hanout. (I made a big portion of that, so I can eat if for more than one meal)

I don't feel yet much energy, I hope energy-phase come soon. (However I'm less tired on the evening, I think) 

Ok, today's first meal was fish balls (zander, egg, coconutflour, coconut milk, chili, spring onion), eggplant with tomatoes, apple, blueberries. (I have some leftover of the fish and vegetables, which I will eat tonight) 

Ok today meal was garlic shrimps, some beef , zucchini, carrots, papaya filled with tomatoes and onion. (I have papaya left for dinner tonight) 

At the moment I feel also really great, maybe now finally I feel the energy? (However I still sleep horrible, but I think one point was, that my room was too warm. (I also have now kinda  a cold, because my throat was too dry. (I don't know if I really catched a cold, or if it is because of something else. (But if does feel like there are bacteries, it helped to drink bentonite clay in water mixed))

Archived