Day 2, totally cranky

bunnywalker

I dreamed about food all night last night.  I was an ineffectual waitress, and my tables kept helping themselves.  And then I dreamed I ate a rice crispy treat covered in funfetti icing.  I was really grateful when I woke up that I didn't have to start at Day 1 all over again.

Currently, my pantry and fridge are totally unprepared for this.  The book says, "START NOW" but most people say to prepare.  I have to wait until tomorrow to grocery shop.  Meanwhile, I'm eating weird combinations of food that aren't terrible, but sure could use a little help.  Cabbage and salmon coconut oil stir fry anybody?   :blink:

Anyway, I'm finding myself very short tempered, and having to bite my tongue.  My kid is driving me crazy, and I sincerely almost bitched someone out for doing me a favor within their own time frame instead of mine.  

Girl, I am WITH YOU. I am like the PMS version of myself times a million. The bottom line is that we can do this. I have moments of doubt basically every hour on the hour, but I have to tell myself I can do this- and YOU CAN TOO! Just remember that this too will pass, and take it day by day. How cliche is every single thing I have just said? Ugh. Anyway, you totally have this in the bag. :)

I dreamed about food all night last night.  I was an ineffectual waitress, and my tables kept helping themselves.  And then I dreamed I ate a rice crispy treat covered in funfetti icing.  I was really grateful when I woke up that I didn't have to start at Day 1 all over again.

Hah! I remember dreaming the same type of thing the first time I did the Whole30, and then waking up feeling relieved. All the same, dreaming has no carbs, so maybe we should instruct our dream selves to just enjoy the treat!

Hah! I remember dreaming the same type of thing the first time I did the Whole30, and then waking up feeling relieved. All the same, dreaming has no carbs, so maybe we should instruct our dream selves to just enjoy the treat!

Hahahaha, perfect!  I'm going to see if I can get Jon Stamos to feed me pizza in the nude tonight.   :lol:

In other news, a good friend just dropped off some stuff I needed and handed me a half a bag of "natural" Cheetos, then ran.  I know I can't eat them, but does it compromise the healthiness of my yard chicken's eggs if they eat it?  I mean heck, they aren't fat and sedentary....

Throw the Cheetos away and not to the chickens. It is a food like substance. 

What you are feeling is totally normal and it shall pass.

Weird but compliant meals are not unusual (there is an entire thread floating around somewhere on this subject). Do the best with what you have. Prepare for your shopping trip by doing some meal planning.

Archived