First Whole30 Starting TODAY, 10 January

Bkteaff

Hi, everyone! Our names are Brady and Kristen and this is our FIRST Whole 30. We've been eating mostly paleo for about 6 months now, but we decided to dive into the Whole 30 thanks to our Crossfit trainer. (our "box"--it really isn't a box, we work out on a military post on the tennis courts!--is doing a challenge, and Whole 30 is part of it)

I (Kristen) have It Starts with Food and haven't finished it yet, but it is definitely eye opening. I'm hoping we don't hit the "Kill ALL the things" stage, but who knows what is going to happen.  :)

Any tips or encouragement would be greatly appreciated! 

Hey, sounds like you're both in a primse position to have a really successful Whole30! This is my first one as well, I started on January 2, so I'm nine days in and LOVING it. No complaints. I'm doing it with a team, some of whom had done it before and most hadn't, but there was a lot of forewarning that the first two weeks would be really rough and that hasn't been my experience at all. I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that I've been, like you, mostly paleo for some time now, so the changes haven't been quite as drastic for me as maybe they are for some others. My best suggestion is to reach out when you have questions. Don't be intimiated...go into it headstrong and keep a positive attitude no matter what. Remember the reasons you, personally, have chosen to do this challengee.There is a ton of support out there, as well as a ton of resources. If you'd like to check out the blog I started at the beginning of my challenge, please do so...the link is at the bottom of my signature...I try and post a lot of things that are not only educational and informative, but inspiritng, motivational and FUN! Best of luck to you both...look forward to hearing more about your journey!

Thanks, Sophie! I'll check out your blog, for sure. :) 

I am definitely in the day 4&5 stage. Yesterday (day 4) I just wanted to hit my husband and my dogs. They kept annoying me for no reason! Gotta love the randomness of it. I love my husband so much, but he kept egging me on because he knew it would get to me..Goodness, it was an interesting day  :P

Archived