A little frustrated...

fahrenam

OK, looking for some support/pep talk

Today is day 9 for me.  Had a pretty easy first week--a few headaches here and there, but no cravings or bad moods and I enjoyed making my meals

The past two days have been so difficult, though.  I was traveling and due to multiple delayed flights, both nights I ended up needing to have an Rx bar for dinner (thank god I packed good snacks)….I think it's possible that even though I requested just olive oil and lemon juice on one of my salads on the road that there was some other dressing mixed in…I'm exhausted from many late nights and lots of work stress….and to top it off I did some measurements this morning (no scale) and basically nothing has really budged.  (I suspected as much, I didn't feel like I looked any different)

Am trying hard to get back on my normal meal schedule today and am not traveling for the next ten days but am starting a week of a major conference and need to have dinner out every night for the next week.   Feels like a losing proposition

Stay the course!  Whole30 is a challenge and more challenging when your trying to get other things done in life, but you've gotten this far and it's well worth sticking with it.  I think the timeline says that pants are often tighter around this stage.  My rings, which are usually loose, are tight as I type.  Ignore it.  Nine days out of thirty - our bodies are just figuring things out, but they will figure it out and you'll feel vastly better that last week.  Having dinner out is a real challenge.  Others might have good suggestions.  I guess if it was me, I might call ahead if it was restaurants to see about food options (or google the restaruant name and the word paleo).  If it's conference meal food, I'd call ahead and request plain meat dishes and dry vegetables without butter.  Ugh.  It's gonna be hard.  I'd probably also load up on hard boiled eggs from the grocery deli and sweet potatoes I microwaved in my hotel room so I wouldn't be as tempted to eat salads with croutons or bread rolls or deserts.....Those conferences and working dinners sure do know how to tempt you!

We feel worse before we feel better.  You're smack dab in the middle of the process and doing great.

Archived