My very first Whole30 Program

keys4lisa

Hello everyone!

When I came across a logo on Facebook for the Whole30 program, I thought I was out of my mind when I considered participating. Afterall, previous attempts at removing certain items from my diet were unsuccessful so why did I think this one would be any different?

I took the materials home with me and discussed it with my best friend. She quickly noticed all the benefits we could experience, like not having chronic fatigue, headaches, muscle aches, long recovery times after working out, depression, and the list goes on. When she said she was willing to actually try this WITH me, I decided to give it a try.

Today is my fifth day on the program. I can't get over how amazing I feel - despite getting less than 5 hours of sleep last night! I have energy like I never had before and I am actually ENJOYING my food! I really think the other foods I used to eat had to be masked by the various dips, dressings, salsas, and sauces so I could consume them in large quantities. The foods were not well thought out. They were hardly ever what I really WANTED to eat in the first place, since many times I was just hitting the nearest drive-thru.

With Whole30, I get to CHOOSE! I am in control (in an empowering and healthy way) of the good tasting foods I put into my body. It has already changed my life and I look forward to the rest of the 30 days!

Lisa

Archived