P.F. Changs - Help!

gludlow

My boyfriend and I are attending lunch on Sunday with my parents and we're going to P.F. Changs. They have a gluten-free and vegetarian menu.

I would like to keep it as simple as possible. Would it be okay to eat something like their Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Wok-seared chicken, mushrooms, green onions and water chestnuts served over crispy rice sticks with cool, crisp lettuce cups), Buddha's Feast (Asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli and carrots, served steamed) or Norwegian Salmon (Served over stir-fried shiitake mushrooms, bok choy, tomatoes and asparagus)?

This is the first time we've eaten out since we started Whole30 so any help is appreciated! Also, here's the link to the menu.

www.pfchangs.com/menu/

Thanks!

Gillan

No on the lettuce wraps because of the rice sticks.

The other two look compliant. Just confirm no bad stuff in any seasonings. I'd also bring a compliant dressing to pour over the veggies, to get your fat source in.

When I called and spoke to someone at the restaurant, she said they could basically do steamed fish and veggies with nothing (no dressing, no sauce, ect). I just told her that I had some pretty restrictive dietary needs - which is not far from the truth considering all of my food allergies.

What type of dressing would you recommend? Has anyone ever given you any problems bringing your own stuff into a restaurant? 

I regularly bring a bottle of coconut aminos in my purse when the hubs and I go out for sushi (he gets it with rice, I get sashimi).  I ask for extra avocado on the side with my sashimi plate for the fats.  Nobody's blinked an eye at the coconut aminos, so I'm sure you'll be fine if you bring your own dressing.

When I called and spoke to someone at the restaurant, she said they could basically do steamed fish and veggies with nothing (no dressing, no sauce, ect). I just told her that I had some pretty restrictive dietary needs - which is not far from the truth considering all of my food allergies.

What type of dressing would you recommend? Has anyone ever given you any problems bringing your own stuff into a restaurant? 

You could bring something as simple as olive oil and compliant vinegar mixed together.

Archived