Day 5 of my first Whole30

gludlow

I started Jan. 6 with and I am happy to say that this is my first go at Whole30!  I wanted to share what I ate with you guys to make sure I am heading in the right direction.

Breakfast:

Egg baked into an avocado half with blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.

Lunch:

Shredded chicken with cilantro, lemon, roma tomatoes, purple onions, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Snack:

Celery sticks with a tablespoon of RAW almond butter and one orange

Dinner:

"Pizza" soup (contains tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, thyme, mushrooms and lean Italian sausage)

I know we aren't really supposed to snack but I work nights (from 4:30 p.m. to 1 am) and so it's hard adjusting an eating schedule.

I've also had 60 (give or take) of plain ole' water.

-Gillan

Be sure to follow the meal template for every meal. That means 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies, and the appropriate amount of compliant fat. 

It looks like lunch and dinner were good. Breakfast was missing veggies.

Don't let fruit push veggies off your plate. Fruit is limited to 1-2 servings a day, where a serving is the size of your fist. Only have fruit with or immediately after a meal.

Snacks, if needed, should be a mini-meal, including a protein and fat. Nuts/nut butters are considered a fat source on a Whole30.

what Chris said. Also, breakfast was missing protein! One egg is NOT enough. you need 3-4 eggs, or 1 or 2 eggs + another protein source or some other combination that makes up a full palm-size portion of protein. Once you start doing that consistently (every meal, 3 times per day) you may find it easier to stick to three meals and not have any snacks.

EDIT: ps. hey, welcome to the forums! I hope we didn't scare you with the rules. We just know that a few tweaks will likely lead to a more successful whole30, and you are really close! I know you'll get there  :)

what Chris said. Also, breakfast was missing protein! One egg is NOT enough. you need 3-4 eggs, or 1 or 2 eggs + another protein source or some other combination that makes up a full palm-size portion of protein. Once you start doing that consistently (every meal, 3 times per day) you may find it easier to stick to three meals and not have any snacks.

EDIT: ps. hey, welcome to the forums! I hope we didn't scare you with the rules. We just know that a few tweaks will likely lead to a more successful whole30, and you are really close! I know you'll get there  :)

Thanks missmary! I actually have to limit how many eggs I eat. I am allergic to them. But I will bear in mind that I need to eat more protein at breakfast. I know there are still some adjustments to be made but I am excited that I can already feel some of the results. :D

Archived