Day 5, can someone critique my meals please?

Lazybonesjones

Hi,  

I'm on Day 5 of my first Whole30. I was Paleo(ish - 80/20) before this, and of course during the holidays I totally gave in and ate some terrible food. I wanted to try the Whole30 program because I have Addison's Disease, and although I'm sure I'm used to feeling tired all the time and don't notice it, I think it would be great if I felt awesome all the time, and noticed that! I know there is an AIP diet, but that restricts basically everything that will keep me on track for a Whole30 and I don't want to sabotage myself. I figure I'll see how this goes, then try the AIP after. I do know that this isn't a weight loss program, however if I could lose some weight while I'm on it, I really really wouldn't mind.

I'm sure what I have going on right now is a case of the carb flu, plus a little bit of the Kill All The Things. (I'm hoping it stays mild, but we'll see I guess) I know that how feel is now is related to how badly you ate before. And I did eat not well during the holidays, but for the most part I think I ate alright and previous to that I ate pretty well. 

Anyways, I'm finding that I feel terrible and the only thing that makes me feel better is eating. But I feel so bad that I don't want to eat anything and I have to force myself. So I'm wondering if I'm eating too much or too little of certain things. I also feel like I'm eating way more, but it is way more of good food so I guess that's okay? 

Yesterday was the day I felt the worst so far, so I'll put down what I ate. Today I haven't eaten yet, except some coffee and coconut milk. (granted I did sleep in pretty late)

M1: coffee with coconut milk, half of a chicken breast that had been breaded with coconut flour, half of a mashed sweet potato with coconut oil, and 1/4 of an avocado in a lettuce wrap

mate and hibiscus tea

M2: cilantro and lime pulled turkey, hardboiled egg, 1/2 avocado on a salad with a dressing made of apple cider vinegar, compliant mustard and olive oil

M3: spicy cocoa roast, cauliflower rice (with coconut and olive oil), mushrooms, onions, seltzer water

apple marinated in lemon juice 

I had taken the other half of the mashed sweet potato with me to work to have as a snack before my bootcamp, but bootcamp was cancelled and I couldn't bring myself to eat it. I also feel like I'm having too much fat, but that may be because I'm used to a lifetime of being a girl and being told to watch what I eat. 

Sorry for the run on post, I am still experiencing some brain fog :)

• Moderators

What you are eating looks good. The fat portions sound perfect. 

I can't judge portion sizes of most of the food from what you reported, so let me refer you to the meal template for guidance on how much to eat: http://whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Meal-Planning-Template.pdf My rule of thumb is that if you have doubts, you probably need to eat a little more. :) Many people start off eating too little when they do a Whole30.

Archived