JGiggly's Day 2

JGiggly

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You did well in meeting the template.  :)

On your meal 1, I would increase the protein. A serving of eggs is the amount you can hold in you hand. I'm guessing that's at least 2-3.

Also, for your tracking purposes, you may find it easier to record all your days in a single thread (i.e., replying to your own previous posts) vs creating a separate thread/topic for each day.

Day 3

B] Frittata: egg, chives, spinach, salt & pepper

Cantaloupe

L] Brussels Sprouts (Roasted)

Chicken thigh coated with Almond flour, egg, & spices

D] Salmon w/ >1T coconut, parsley, salt & pepper, lemon

Salad: spring mix, cucumber, olive oil, salt & pepper

27 more days to go! :D

Day 4

Today I had to travel and wasn't as prepared as I wish I had been. I felt hungry all day and had two snacks. Still on track though! 

B] frittata

banana

S] Apple

L] Haddack

Spinach w/ olive oil salt & pepper

S] Clementine

Baby carrots

D] 1 1/2 hamburgers

Paleo mayo & mustard

Carrots

I also ate a couple small bites of tuna with mayo and onion.

Now that I see this I realize I've had too much fruit. Do I need to start over?

Day 4

Today I had to travel and wasn't as prepared as I wish I had been. I felt hungry all day and had two snacks. Still on track though! 

B] frittata

banana

S] Apple

L] Haddack

Spinach w/ olive oil salt & pepper

S] Clementine

Baby carrots

D] 1 1/2 hamburgers

Paleo mayo & mustard

Carrots

Now that I see this I realize I've had too much fruit. Do I need to start over?

No, extra fruit doesn't call for a restart. Just something to keep an eye on going forward.

Day 5

B] Tuna with paleo mayo, onion, pepper, tomato wrapped in leaf lettuce

L] 2 drumsticks

salad w/ olive oil & balsamic vinegar

D] Chicken meatloaf w/ mustard

Asparagus

1 clementine

Today I wanted to eat a treat. Not like a twinkie... I wanted a paleo pancake. Today I want to steal some little kid's paleo pancake and devour it. It wasn't like this all day until this evening. Anyway, another day down. 26 more days. 

DAY 6

Today I had a great day. I felt happy. In fact, although I have been tired and sore, I still feel happy. 

B] 2 chicken & spinach sausage (paleo)

Salad greens, tomato w/ olive oil and salt and pepper

L] 2 drumsticks

salad greens, tomato, olive oil, salt & pepper

D] Paleo chili 

DAY 7

I missed breakfast this morning due to unexpected events. 

B] ----------------

L] 2 chicken & spinach sausages

1/2 hamburger

Spring mix w/ olive oil, salt & pepper

Clementine

D] 1 1/2 hamburgers

spring mix w/ olive oil, salt & pepper

applesauce

I am under the weather. I dread all the cooking I intend to do this weekend... especially if I don't feel well. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. Sick or not.

DAY 9

B] 1 egg & salsa

Cantaloupe

L] 1 Meat muffin (made w/ veg, ground meat, spices, egg)

1/4 apple

1 meatball (Taste test)

1/2 meat muffin (taste test)

D] Spaghetti Squash

Tomato sauce w/ onion, garlic, spices, mushrooms, peppers

2 meatballs

I cooked ALL day today and yesterday just to make sure my kids and I had lunches and easy dinner prep for the week. Maybe by the time the 30 days is up I will have it down to a science.

Are you hungry???

The past couple days, it doesn't look like you're eating enough. No veggies at lunch yesterday, 1 egg at today's breakfast especially jump out to me. Are you still not feeling well?

Yes...I am starting to feel better. I can't go hungry. It makes me sick. Today I was a little hungry and should have eaten more. I was so busy prepping for the week that I wasn't taking care of myself in the present. I was also trying not to snack since the program discourages it. I ate 1 egg with veggies in it because I've been getting too full. In fact, today I felt too full all afternoon and then again at dinner. Are you passing judgment or seeking clarity? 

Yes...I am starting to feel better. I can't go hungry. It makes me sick. Today I was a little hungry and should have eaten more. I was so busy prepping for the week that I wasn't taking care of myself in the present. I was also trying not to snack since the program discourages it. I ate 1 egg with veggies in it because I've been getting too full. In fact, today I felt too full all afternoon and then again at dinner. Are you passing judgment or seeking clarity? 

I was both checking in to see how you're feeling and to confirm whether what you're eating is satiating you, as it wasn't always fulfilling the template. I view that as concern and observation, not judgment. I'm sorry if you took my post differently.

If you are genuinely hungry between meals, EAT.  :)  Have a mini-meal of a protein and fat.

I was both checking in to see how you're feeling and to confirm whether what you're eating is satiating you, as it wasn't always fulfilling the template. I view that as concern and observation, not judgment. I'm sorry if you took my post differently.

If you are genuinely hungry between meals, EAT.  :)  Have a mini-meal of a protein and fat.

Thank you for checking in and guiding me to stay on track. I am trying my very best. If you see that I am not eating as well, I either don't feel well, am running my kids (4) around, or am needing to go to the grocery store. I need to leave a quick snack in my car for those unexpected instances where I am not at home. I have lunches and such prepared for the week which helps me to maintain.

Thank you for checking in and guiding me to stay on track. I am trying my very best. If you see that I am not eating as well, I either don't feel well, am running my kids (4) around, or am needing to go to the grocery store. I need to leave a quick snack in my car for those unexpected instances where I am not at home. I have lunches and such prepared for the week which helps me to maintain.

Great.

Know that you can always get strategies that have worked for other mom's in the Whole30 for Kids forum. We all have the same goal: to have you be your most successful best on this program.

Cheers!

New England Chris,

Since you are the only one that knows my log exists or you are the only one who responds, I thought you should know...I'm from Maine. So, I'm fist bumping you because it's a small world. I hope you are loving winter as much as me.

Anyway, on to my daily log...

I was thinking, "shouldn't I feel great by now?" NOPE! I looked it up on the timeline. It's amazing how dang accurate that thing is. I don't want to quit or anything like that but I feel like eating (I'm not hungry...just want to snack). I am filled up at every meal and then I just want to eat non-stop. Yes, obviously food has a hold on me. I sense a paradigm shift coming on and I am experiencing the pain of it. 

DAY 10

B] Scotch Egg

Squash

L] 3 Fireballs (Well Fed recipe)

Mayo sauce (Paleo)

Spinach

Olive oil

S&P

S] Black olives

1 1/2 slices of Applegate Turkey

D] Chicken Breast

Mashed Cauliflower (Too mushy/overcooked)

Broccoli

Mayo sauce

Another snack!: 3 fireballs and mayo sauce

Go Yankees.

My day has been off and my kids are all sick and I feel a little under the weather. 

DAY 11

B] 1 meat and vegetable muffin (nothing like a muffin)

1 1/4 Scotch eggs

Squash

L] Chicken breast

Spring mix

Salsa

D] 2 meatballs

spaghetti squash

tomato sauce

DAY 14

B] Spaghetti Squash

tomato sauce

ground beef

L] 3 fireballs

Applesauce

Herbal tea

(no veggies had to go to the grocery store... still satisfied.)

D] 5 Fireballs

Spring mix

olive oil

S&P

(went to the grocery store)

14 DAYS LEFT!!!

DAY 16

B] Zucchini noodles w/ scrambled eggs & broccoli

1/2 meat & spinach muffin

1/2 Banana

L] Tuna salad: tuna, grapes, onion, mayo, pecans, grated carrot

spring mix w/ olive oil, S&P

S] 1/2 meatball

3 meatball size pieces of chicken breast

D] 1 meatball

ground beef w/ mushrooms, peppers, onion

spaghetti sauce (no garbage including no sugar)

Spaghetti squash

So, not sure if anyone is reading these anymore, but I have a question...

I am halfway through and have been struggling with pain really really bad. I've seen progress in other areas, but not with the pain and inflammation. Right now my scrawny ankle looks like a softball... maybe a baseball. Either way it is huge and it hurts. When should I see a difference? Should I continue with my W30 longer (making it not W30)? Should I eliminate nightshades? Coconut? AHHHHHHHHH! I'm not giving up. I know eventually things will change. I just feel discouraged because I've been walking funny since I started W30 and I have to take naproxen more than I want to. I want to be med free. On the plus side I am not debilitated which is what happens every other time I feel this way.

Bummer about your pain! You had that before your W30? 

I'm 3 days behind you and struggling too. The timeline's definitely right: it's annoying to have put in so much work and not seen the magic yet. Especially since (for me) things got HARDER around day 9 or 10 and haven't let up yet.

Hang in there with me. Magic's gotta be somewhere ahead... 

Well there is some magic... I feel awake and my mood feels up. My eczema is going away. I'm not craving bad food. My hair looks great. My friends say I look great. I love what I'm eating. So, there is some magic, I just want to be pain free yesterday. On the upside, the pain I feel now used to be an immediate precursor to debilitation and bed bound. I haven't hit that. It's stable and awful but great because I can move. Make sense. Nah. Didn't think so. I was just pepping myself up and trying to recognize the good. :)

DAY 17

B] Hamburger

squash

1 bite size piece of chicken breast

L] Chicken breast

spring mix w/ spinach & pepper (no salt)

green pepper

S] 3 bite size chicken pieces

apple

D] Turkey

mashed cauliflower

carrots

Yesterday and today I have felt hungry between meals. I get satisfied and full (not stuffed) at meals. I try not to snack, but had to. 

Archived