JGiggly's Day 2

JGiggly

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had inflammation for years (my whole life). It has no diagnosis, a mystery, and I know when in doubt it has to be food related. This quasi-fare-up started 2-3 weeks ago. I was doing paleo prior to W30 just not as strict. I drink about 12 cups of water a day. I think the water, diet, and the chiroprator (and sometimes naproxen), are whats keeping away the flare-up. I'll try avoiding nightshades starting tomorrow. Oh! yes, it's in both ankles. Don't get stuck on that though. It can be in my back, legs, hips, shoulder, feet... it just happens to be attacking my ankles right now.

Well, yesterday and the day before I was hungry (satisfied at meals) and had to do a snack. My pain is still pretty intense. Today was actually a better day. I am sore, but it's not as intense as it has been. As everyday goes by, my body has chance to heal. I know I need to get good sleep. Sleep usually improves it dramatically. As far as nightshades go and AIP, I can't do it yet. I thought after my w30 I would go even more strict or just stay on W30 until my body is healed. That could be a while.

DAY 19

B] Spicy chicken breast peices

spinach w/ olive oil & pepper

1 bite of banana w/ almond butter (my son wanted me to taste his creation)

L] 1 fireball

spicy chicken breast pieces

Squash

D] Homemade Turkey soup w/ tons of veggies: carrots, kale, brocolli, onion, celery

Today I feel stuffed and bloated. No need for snacks! 11 days left! I can't believe I managed so well and feel great about it.

Dear all who read this. Today was an off day. I didn't go off track. I was just too sore to eat more at the right times or rushing around.

DAY 21 

B] (wasn't hungry. too sore) 2 meatballs & a couple spicy chicken breast pieces... then limped really fast (slow motion) out the door to take my children to school.

S] (hungry) nut mix: almonds, raisins, cashews... the raisins were terrible so I ate very little

cashews

banana

Was traveling to the lab for blood-work. Convenience store options were slim.

L] (hungry) egg & salsa 

hungry, but exhausted from the rough day

D] (Real hungry!) 3 chicken sausages

lots of spinach (I even had seconds!) w/ olive oil, S&P

less sore and very hungry. My dinner was fantastic! MMMmmm satisfied mind and belly.

I went to the chiropractor today and he suggested that I may have a mineral deficiency that's causing my symptoms. I have started the testing for Science Based Nutrition. Hopefully this gives me answers that I have found yet. I'm not advertising here, just hopeful. I truly believe that what we eat has the power to heal us. I have struggled the my W30. I don't feel like giving up...and I won't. I know that sticking with it is essential. I may need to do more than a month... I haven't decided. I'll see what the doctor says after my test results come in. Fingers crossed. Wish me luck. Say a prayer for me. 8 days left in my first W30 journey. :D

I want bacon!! And...I'm debilitated. My body fought it for weeks, but alas, it is here. On the upside, my spirits are great and the pain is not as severe as other times. Anyway, yes I want bacon. I look forward to the end of my W30 so that I may have a couple slices of bacon. I tried to order it without sugar and nitrates to no avail. I know that I probably shouldn't be desiring a "cheat" or planning what non-W30  food I'm going to eat. Day 31 for sure will include bacon mixed in with so many good and healthy choices of course!

DAY 22

B] Blueberries w/ 1 sliced strawberry and coconut flakes.

1 1/2 eggs w/ salsa & spinach

L] 3 chicken sausages

broccoli

D] 2 eggs

1 chicken sausage

black olives

spinach w/ olive oil, S&P

8 more days!

DAY 23

B] 1 chicken sausage

spinach w/ olive oil, S&P

Ginger/lemon herbal tea

L] tuna salad: mayo, grapes, carrots, onion, pecans

leaf lettuce

S] 1 fireball

D] fireballs

mixed greens w/ olive oil, S&P

herbal tea

S] 4 fireballs

Banana

I wish I could manage not eating as much as you seem not to be eating! I think it's great that you have control like that. Unless you're hungry, in which case, have another egg :-)

I am only on day two and was so focused on what I could and could not eat, both in prep, and then on the 2 days, that I wasn't paying much mind to how much I ate. Oops. 

Day 3 I'll try to be better. And moving forward, of course.

All this planning and special shopping is exhausting! Though I can do anything for 30 days ... Easy for me to say with just two kids, not four, and at that, mine are teenagers.

I too am from Maine :-) Though living in India at the moment. 

How's the crash going? Feeling any better?

By crash I assume you mean the manner in which I nourish my body. It's not a crash diet. I am doing this indefinitely. The food regimen is going well. Very well. The physical pain and debilitation...not so much. I was fighting pain the whole time and a flare-up erupted on Friday night. I feel annoyed by it but it will pass. I am still eating well even though I am currently debilitated. I have had testing and will have more tomorrow. The chiropractor suggested that it may be a mineral deficiency.

I wish I could manage not eating as much as you seem not to be eating! I think it's great that you have control like that. Unless you're hungry, in which case, have another egg :-)

I am only on day two and was so focused on what I could and could not eat, both in prep, and then on the 2 days, that I wasn't paying much mind to how much I ate. Oops. 

Day 3 I'll try to be better. And moving forward, of course.

All this planning and special shopping is exhausting! Though I can do anything for 30 days ... Easy for me to say with just two kids, not four, and at that, mine are teenagers.

I too am from Maine :-) Though living in India at the moment. 

A fellow Mainer! How exciting. I have no idea why you think I am not eating very much. I am eating a ton. I fill up and am satisfied when I eat.I wish I were in India. I read somewhere on this site that not only do we owe ourselves the 30 day commitment but we deserve it as well. You can do this! When are you coming back to Maine?

DAY 24

B] Applesauce

L] Applesauce

fireballs

S] Banana

D] spring mix w/ olive oil, S&P

zucchini noodles

turkey

Shrimp

I didn't eat very much because I woke up with "poison belly." I'm ok... no worries. I seem to be at the tail end of my flare-up as well. *fingerscrossed*

I see you really like the scotch eggs. You have me curious. What are they? 

HAHAHA! I do like them. I'm not sure I categorize them as something I really like, but they are yummy. If you see that I eat them a lot it's because I have a family of 5 and food prep is easier when we make a ton of quick things to throw in a lunchbox. 

So...Scotch Eggs...I got the recipe out of the Well Fed cookbook. I think all those recipes are online...so it's thoroughly annoying that I bought the book. Anyway... they are a sausage-like (spicy ground pork) meatball wrapped around a boiled egg. MMMmmmm.

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/05/17/scotch-eggs-a-k-a-protein-pellets/ 

I like to add a tiny bit of mustard to "paleo mayo" and a pinch of cayenne to dip the egg in. 

I like Fireballs more... I had to add more cayenne to the recipe because it didn't have enough kick. http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/03/05/bora-bora-fireballs/

HAHAHA! I do like them. I'm not sure I categorize them as something I really like, but they are yummy. If you see that I eat them a lot it's because I have a family of 5 and food prep is easier when we make a ton of quick things to throw in a lunchbox. 

So...Scotch Eggs...I got the recipe out of the Well Fed cookbook. I think all those recipes are online...so it's thoroughly annoying that I bought the book. Anyway... they are a sausage-like (spicy ground pork) meatball wrapped around a boiled egg. MMMmmmm.

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/05/17/scotch-eggs-a-k-a-protein-pellets/ 

I like to add a tiny bit of mustard to "paleo mayo" and a pinch of cayenne to dip the egg in. 

I like Fireballs more... I had to add more cayenne to the recipe because it didn't have enough kick. http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/03/05/bora-bora-fireballs/

The recipes in the book and the ones online are not always the same.

One big note with the online version of the scotch eggs is that it calls for Pensky's Italian Sausage seasoning which has sugar in it.

Today I failed in the department of 3 decent meals. I woke up feeling sick. I am sore and doing better. I had a physical and didn't get weighed. Go me. Tomorrow I get back some of the bloodwork I've had done. Hopefully, I see improvements in some areas and get answers in others. *praying*

DAY 25

so throughout the day I ate

Applesauce

Salad mix w/ olive oil, S&P

Fireballs (a ton)

Chicken thigh

1/2 banana

Herbal tea

It was relatively easy on my stomach. 

Just noticed you asked about Maine. I am starting a new job next week here in India, so not sure if I'll get back to Maine this summer other than to start my son in college (not sure yet where he'll go, but could be Maine). We were there last at Christmas (that's quite a lot of weather you're having this winter!) and then the summer before I was there for quite a long time -- 3 months. This year will be less. 

I miss my organic food stores (can't send aminos here to India as they are liquid and I'm not allowed to send liquids), but I just KNOW my local organic store would have stocked them! 

Enjoy your winter, and the excellent food sources you have in Maine Love the farms, farms, everywhere! Makes it easier to eat this way.

And thanks too for the recipes. I'll have a look. They sound great!

Archived