Day 5, Stopped logging, as advised.

bunnywalker

It didn't exactly break my heart to stop logging, but I will miss the community over at MFP.

Stayed completely on track with my food choices again today, found that I was lusting after the pie and ice cream I was serving at lunch.  I've always appreciated the idea of pie, coffee, and ice cream but have rarely indulged in it--once in all of 2013.  So that seemed pretty out of character for me and I'm glad I'm in the bar tomorrow instead of the cafe.  Much less pie exposure.  Hubby baked cookies tonight, but conscientiously chose peanut butter, my arch nemesis.

We're nice people here too  :)

Are you keeping a log of your meals on the forum here?  That's still allowed and even recommended.

I'm always super impressed by people who work around food and manage not to be tempted by it all.  I used to work at Starbucks and can't even believe how much of their crappy food and drink I consumed.  (Though, amusingly, I've hardly had a cup of coffee or baked good since I quit this time last year, so maybe that was a hidden benefit of the job)

I find it so much more relaxing to not log every calorie I take it. Instead, during the program, I keep a diary stating what I ate, how it tasted and how I felt both during the day and while eating it. It's a different side of the experience, but still holds you accountable for what you ate and allows you to asses your reaction. Happy eats!

I logged my first day's food.  I could log here......I eat the same 7-8 foods all day every day.  Since shops are a 100 mile round trip adventure for me, I buy all of my stuff and just recombine it in slightly different ways.  My staples are moose or salmon with cauliflower, broccoli, onion, spinach, bell pepper, green beans, brussel sprouts, cabbage, garlic and tomato.  I use coconut milk and/or oil at every meal.  Sometimes at breakfast I'll have an egg if one of my chickens deigns to produce one in this crap weather.   ;)

@KatMar I LOVE your dog!

We're nice people here too  :)

Are you keeping a log of your meals on the forum here?  That's still allowed and even recommended.

I'm always super impressed by people who work around food and manage not to be tempted by it all.  I used to work at Starbucks and can't even believe how much of their crappy food and drink I consumed.  (Though, amusingly, I've hardly had a cup of coffee or baked good since I quit this time last year, so maybe that was a hidden benefit of the job)

The "food" I work with has never been hard to resist--it's comically bad.  Except for the pies and fries.  We only serve food so we can have a liquor license.  If you're ever on Instagram check out "cooking for bae"--the worst food, funniest comments.  It's like an apetite suppressant.   :)

Archived