Did I just completely undo my 9 days?

So, I'm on Day 9, I've been following W30 to a tee and things have been great. I went to Q'doba for lunch and only after eating my grilled chicken/grilled veg lettuce bowl thingy, did I find out that the chicken and squash were prepared with soybean oil. (A paleo blog who shall not be named led me to believe I was in total compliance.)

I am not happy about this. Did I just throw myself back to Day One? Any advice appreciated.

Unless you are doing this for auto-immune issues, I'd say no, you didn't undo all your hard work. It was one meal out of the 25 or so you've had in the last nine days, and it was one ingredient. See if you notice anything odd tonight/tomorrow. You can always add nine days on if you are really worried about it. Remember, it's about being aware of what you are eating. Now you know. Next time you'll make a different choice, right?

Thanks, Colleen. No, I have no auto-immune issues that I'm aware of and that wasn't my intention to start W30. I will monitor the situation and I'm sure I will have no problem going another 9 days at the end. I'm trying to make this a 30 day intro period into what I hope is a lifelong endeavor. I've been modified paleo since June and I feel a million times better than when I was indulging in too many carbs or dairy.

Archived