Fruits and nuts?

Gstar

While I agree with Tom that nutritionally, fruit and nuts are not required and could just as well be left behind (see my log for a whole30 menu with virtually no fruit or nuts for an example), but I think your context might matter a bit in this, and your definition of "success."

Fruit and nuts (other than peanuts) are allowed. The guidelines suggest no more than 1-2 pieces of fruit per day, but they are allowed. If the whole30 is a big shift for you, and keeping fruit and nuts out of the mix will make you feel deprived and resentful, then EAT THE FRUIT AND NUTS. This shouldn't feel like torture, and it should feel like a lifestyle that is sustainable after the 30 days are up. If you eat pretty close to the whole30 already and want to tweak things further, sure, limit fruit and nuts and see how that goes, but just following the rules as written is pretty darn good.  :)

Can I add: if you are going to eat the fruit, eat the ones that you truly like.  I love under ripe bananas.  I have one with meal 2 or 3 every few days.  Plus I get a little potassium boost.  I think winter citrus is the bee's knees.  I had a blood orange with dinner last night.  Amazing.  But I try to keep it to one piece at most a day.  Some days I don't have any.  I tried to have some blueberries the other day. 

Guess what?  I don't like blueberries.  I started to try to choke them down and decided that life was too short to eat something I don't really like. 

Archived