nicotine lozenge or gum

opt-out

I am part way through my second W30 and my friend wants to join me.  She smokes cigarettes.  She read the book "It Starts with Food" it says you can do a W30 and stop smoking at the same time but she wants to know if she can use nicotine lozenges or gum to help her quit while doing the W30.

• Moderators

No. Neither lozenges or gum is okay during a Whole30.

Personally, I would rather see someone do a Whole30 while smoking than wait until they stop smoking to try to do a Whole30. I think getting the food in order makes stopping smoking easier. 

I don't know how it relates to Whole30, but I quit using nicotine patches. They worked really well for both me and my husband. The gum and lozenges just taste gross and keep your cravings in the forefront of your mind.

I was planning to quit after my Whole30 but about 3 days in I could no longer tolerate breathing in all those toxins while I was eating so well. It just seemed so gross. So I quit. The lozenges and gum taste really gross to me now so I'm on the patch and drinking herbal tea and taking short walks when I need what used to be my smoke breaks. Good luck. I fully support doing both at the same time. My sinuses are so clear! My skin looks great!

Archived