What to do about hunger?

Priscilla

It's day 1 for me. I ate a good breakfast at 7:30 am.  Scrambled eggs (2) use ghee for the fat + steamed broccoli. Felt full. Started getting hungry at about 10:00 am and it's just 10:30 now.  I'm supposed to eat 3 meals/day no snacking.  OK, looking at the breakfast, I probably need to add another egg or other protein and a bit more fat,  perhaps add 1/2 avacado.  Meanwhile, if you get into a hunger situation, is it better to eat something or tough it out?

Thanks

It's better to eat something. Have a snack that is a mini-meal, including a protein and fat.

You're right on your assessment of breakfast. Experiment with your portion sizes until you create meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours.

Thanks.  I kept toughing it out, but getting a slight headache. Almost lunchtime, so I'll make a lunch with a better balance and notice how I feel for the next few hours.  Keeping the log over on Your Whole30 Log to track what I'm eating and how my body is responding.  Wow- listening to my body to see how I'm doing...Great change after trying to track calories on apps like MyFitnessPal.

LOL!  I've tracked everything trackable in my lifetime.  This is much easier.  Eggs are as many as you can hold in one hand unless you are adding another protein.  I can hold/eat 4-5, but usually only have 2 with some sausage or browned beef.

I'm with srice11 - eggs just don't keep me full.  I definitely would not be full from 2 scrambled eggs and some broccoli!

Also, for what it's worth, I find it's hard to make up for an unsatisfying breakfast.  On the days that I don't eat enough (or not enough fat), I feel snacky all day.  (Hello yesterday!) 

I guess I should add what I do eat!  Lately, I've been having homemade sausages loosely based on the maple-bacon sausage meatballs on paleomg.com (ground pork instead of sausage, no maple syrup, switched up the seasoning, added chopped rosemary) and veggies - usually either braised kale and carrots (nomnompaleo), roasted Brussels sprouts or braised cabbage and carrots (nomnompaleo).  Another hit has been slow cooker brisket (recipe on this forum by MrsStick) and veggies.  I like to include some starchy carb to start my day.

I find if I eat starchy veg in the morning it helps. Today I had butternut squash roasted in coconut oil and mashed up. Some times sweet potato or yam. Sometimes I have a problem with very savory breakfasts.

And yes to fat! I had two cups of the squash with a lot of coconut oil and a couple of chicken sausage. I will be full for a good 6 hours on that.

Archived