Portions and Meal Template???

LaraP

I'm on day 11 of my first Whole 30, going good so far.  One current question ... size of meals.  I understand the fist of protein, thumb of fat, 1-2 cups of vegetables as a prototype for a meal, but is that just to understand proportion ... do I have to eat that much at every meal, and only that much.  Some meals I am hungrier than others, based on a number of factors ... workout that day, breakfast in general, hormonal fluctuations, timing of meals due to my schedule.

I thought I had read in ISWF that you eat until you are satisfied/full ... but that isn't always the same amount of food for me, in fact it is a pretty wide range depending on factors.

Thanks!

I'm on day 11 of my first Whole 30, going good so far.  One current question ... size of meals.  I understand the fist of protein, thumb of fat, 1-2 cups of vegetables as a prototype for a meal, but is that just to understand proportion ... do I have to eat that much at every meal, and only that much.  Some meals I am hungrier than others, based on a number of factors ... workout that day, breakfast in general, hormonal fluctuations, timing of meals due to my schedule.

I thought I had read in ISWF that you eat until you are satisfied/full ... but that isn't always the same amount of food for me, in fact it is a pretty wide range depending on factors.

Thanks!

To clarify, it's not a fist of protein, it's 1-2 palms of protein. Look at the thickness and length/width of your palm: that's 1 palm.

The template is a minimum, and it's fine to increase the portions if the minimum is not keeping you satiated for 4-5 hours. 

Archived