Jules Whole30

JulesinFl

A friend shared the Whole30 with me... Looking to reduce inflammation and be healthier. I have Hashimoto Thyroid condition and have always carried weight In the belly area. Jan. 1 started ramping up workout and now adding Whole 30 to the mix. Started at 150.4 lbs, I am 5'7" and 54 years old. I have modified my eating over the years toward Paleo and rarely drink. The biggest change for me will be eliminating dairy (cheese and Greek yogurt). My husband also has several autoimmune conditions so he is looking to start next week.

Day 1:

Breakfast: two scrambled eggs with chopped avocado, two cups black coffee

Lunch: Ground beef patty (grass fed), sautéed kale with roasted garlic, sliced carrots and sliced pears

Snack: ruby Red Grapefruit

Dinner: another ground beef patty (didn't feel like cooking again), sautéed kale with roasted garlic, avocado, sliced tomatoes, bing cherries

Approx. 90 oz. water for the day

Had a headache bordering on a migraine (broke down and took Ibuprofen), tongue tingled in the evening.

A couple things I'd tweak:
- your breakfast was missing veggies. Be sure to get 1-3 cups of veggies in per meal.
- snacks, when needed, should be a mini-meal including a protein and fat.  Save your 1-2 servings of daily fruit to enjoy with or immediately after a main meal.  A fruit serving is the size of your fist.

The need to snack can be an indication to increase your portion sizes at earlier meals. For example,  if you had veggies at breakfast along with the additional egg Tom suggested I wonder if you would have been hungry for a snack later?

Thanks to the moderators for the advice,

Day 2 (1/13/14)

Breakfast: Three eggs scrambled with diced tomatoes, avocado, spinach with a caramelized sweet onion, two cups black coffee

Lunch: Mustard chili lime baked chicken, mashed cauliflower, carrot chips, 1/4 c coconut milk, cantaloupe

Dinner: Hamburger patty, kale with roasted garlic, mashed cauliflower, strawberries

90 oz water

Slight eye twitch at lunch time, feeling strong and not hungry

Day 3 (1/15/14 .. Yesterday's date was wrong)

Breakfast: Three eggs scrambled with diced tomatoes, avocado, spinach, broccoli with a caramelized sweet onion, two cups black coffee

Lunch: Mustard chili lime baked chicken, mashed cauliflower, cantaloupe, almonds

Dinner: Grilled chicken breast, green beans with garlic and almonds, dried pineapple, olives, coconut meat

90 oz. water, still have eye twitch (took potassium)

Day 4 (1/16/14)

Breakfast:

Two eggs, spinach, caramelized onions, peppers cooked in coconut oil, avocado, W30 pork sausage, two cups coffee

Lunch:

Breakfast sausage, mashed cauliflower, carrot chips, olives, two dates rolled in coconut

Dinner:

Steak cooked in ghee, mashed cauliflower, sautéed kale with roasted garlic, bing cherries

90 oz. water, no eye twitch!

Archived