How to keep from losing weight

alissareitmeier

I know this is the opposite of a lot of Whole30ers' goals, but my husband and I started the Whole30 on January 1. I've always eaten fairly clean but we decided to do the Whole30 to clean up his diet more than anything else. Gushers, Nutty Bars, Pizza, fried foods, you name it he ate it daily. The problem is that he is VERY thin and has a really fast metabolism naturally. On top of that he also is a long-distance runner. He clocked in at 6'3" 150 lbs when we started and I'm concerned he has lost weight since we started. 

Any suggestions to keep him from losing during the month? He is eating WAY more food than he ever did before and is finding himself hungry quite a bit despite eating large meals and snacking between meals.

Would love any advice!! 

I was just planning on asking this same question today.

My husband started out eating the 3 meals plus 2 snack-sized meals a day.  But, he's not even particularly hungry for the snacks anymore.  And he's always preferred eating smaller meals in the first place, so can't physically eat much more than I'm giving him for main meals.  Really, the only reason he doesn't lose weight all the time is beer, chocolate, crisps etc.

Honestly, he'll probably add potatoes or rice back into his diet post-W30 (if not earlier), so hoping somewhere has some better advice than that. 

Archived