Little Apprehensive

Karryteaches

I am a single mom of 2 kids under the age of 12. I have bought the book and read most of it. Although I am excited to start I have to admit that I am apprehensive. This is a huge change, a lifestyle change.

I don't know how I will be able to give up the foods I have come to love and crave. I also don't know how this will coincide with my youngest child who is a Mac & cheese and chicken nuggets boy. I know these are just excuses but ones I need to find answers to.

I want and know that I will start. I am just not sure of my actual starting day. I need to clean out the pantry and do some shopping. I guess I wrote all this as a form of commitment that I will make.

I am a single mom of 2 kids under the age of 12. I have bought the book and read most of it. Although I am excited to start I have to admit that I am apprehensive. This is a huge change, a lifestyle change.

I don't know how I will be able to give up the foods I have come to love and crave. I also don't know how this will coincide with my youngest child who is a Mac & cheese and chicken nuggets boy. I know these are just excuses but ones I need to find answers to.

I want and know that I will start. I am just not sure of my actual starting day. I need to clean out the pantry and do some shopping. I guess I wrote all this as a form of commitment that I will make.

Don't think of it as giving up foods you love. Just think of it as shelving them for 30 days.

There are so many possibilities of wonderful foods to eat on a Whole30: you may discover new foods to love.

First of all, do not feel bad about deciding you want to do a Whole 30, but are not ready to do it NOW. I researched and read up on the program for a full year before I began my first Whole 30. If you know you want to do it but are not currently emotionally prepared, it is fine to wait until you are.

Second, like the mod said, you are not giving up anything! You are just putting those foods off for a while, so that you can honestly ask yourself what about them it is that you love and why you are eating them. Is it for comfort? Is it for convenience? Is it because of the sugar? Is it because of the texture? Is there another option for those ends? At the end of the 30 days, hopefully you have found some answers to those questions, and also new delicious foods you love! (Example: I love the toasted seaweed from Sea Snax JUST AS MUCH AS, if not EVEN MORE THAN, potato chips.)

Don't think of it as giving up foods you love. Just think of it as shelving them for 30 days.

There are so many possibilities of wonderful foods to eat on a Whole30: you may discover new foods to love.

This!! Who knew I would end up loving coconut milk, root vegetables, and other things I've never tried. It will open your eyes. :)

Archived