Committing to Whole30

LDBERRY

Just read all about the plan and am committing to begin on January 21st. Need a week to clean out my cupboards, fridge and inform my daughter of the changes that will be occurring. I'm excited to do this. I need this as I have been suffering too long with aches/pains, arthritis, cravings, and exhaustion. I'm convinced it is from the foods I've been eating...even when I think I'm eating so-called "healthy foods". I am going to Israel in May for a 10 day tour and want to feel strong, healthy and well for this amazing trip! :)

Best of luck to you in your Whole30 plan! You will love it- once the sugar is out of your system you won't believe how everything changes. I'm on day 10 of my second round (took a break between the holidays) I feel fantastic. I lost 14 pounds the first time I did Whole30 (it was more like a Whole45) and never felt better. When I took the break during the holidays it was disastrous. Once the sugar comes back, watch out!!!

I'm going to Maui in April, and much like you, want to be strong, healthy and well so I can enjoy to the fullest!

I already started the cupboard clean out and did some "starter" shopping. Going full force on Tuesday (when I get paid!) so I can get all the things I need. I'm actually feeling really ready to do this. I have done the "no sugar" thing before and I know that the first 2-3 days are brutal--bad headaches and irritability--detoxing from that "poison".  I'll just have to tough it out until it's out of my system. I know I'll feel so much better afterwards and the brain fog from the sugars and grains will have been lifted. I'm 60 years old and feel like an old lady...lots of aches and pains, arthritis, joint pain, back pain....I'm tired of feeling this way.  You know the expression: Sick and tired of being sick and tired!  I want to feel healthy, strong, active, clear-headed, focused and energetic. Life's too short and I want to do something good for ME! I owe it to myself to give myself the best...we all only have 1 life to live and I don't want to look back and say, "why didn't I take better care of myself..." 

Archived