#5 Whole 30....

Donna

This is my fifth W30.  I have successfully completed 4 in the past 3 years....I see this as a detox.  This is much needed after the holiday season....

today is Day 2, but I will chart my foods for Day 1 and Day 2.  Had really bad insomnia and realized I only ate 40 g carbs....not enough....so today I am aiming for 70 to 80 and seeing how that bodes.  Mark Sisson says to aim for under 100 per day so I feel good about that but for me the less the carb load the quicker the weight loss :)

I need to lose 40 lbs....I am a carboholic :lol:   I usually average 15 to 20lb weight losses during a Whole 30 detox....so off I go....wish me luck

Day 1 (jan 13)

Eggs two in ghee

cabbage also in ghee

Chocolate Chili  (Well Fed) recipe one and half cups

Almonds/fresh rasberries

Grilled small steak

1/2 sweet potato with ghee

fresh spinach

cabbage slaw with lime juice and apple cider vinegar

Day 2 today

Eggs two with ghee

organic raw almonds and 1/2 cup rasberries

leftover grilled steak from last night's dinner

leftover cabbage slaw

apple with sunflower butter

pork

sauteed greens

squash with ghee

Welcome back to the W30. I know you are a veteran to this but just a gentle reminder to make sure you eat enough vegetables with every meal especially with your first meal. If I'm reading you day 2 log correctly you had 2 snacks both containing fruit which should be left as a part of a meal. If you follow the template you shouldn't need to count carbs or anything else it should balance itself out correctly.

where can I access the template on line....I have ISWF.....is there a PDF?  I know I have to start eating leftovers from dinner for breakfast....that always works with the food all prepared and ready to heat...I hate eating fruit but I got so sick yesterday from going from Christmas crazy carb loading to 40 g of carbs....my body was like WHAT???????  so I treated myself with two pieces of fruit but should have incorporated it as a meal, not a snack....lessons learned.  Actually, the apple with sunbutter was at my dinner meal....so that was good....but too much fruit is not good, that I know.  One step at a time, eh?

Thanks Bethany, really appreciate your help.....

feeling better today and did what I should with meals and veggies..

Day 3:

B: 1 egg scrambled with small piece of salmon.  Large amount of sauteed spinach

L: Tuna salad with Well Fed Mayonnaise over a huge bed of baby spinach with all different colored peppers and onions

D: Grilled Lamb, carrots peppers and onion with squash 1/2 sweet potato with sm amt of ghee

1/2 apple

that's it.....holding strong

Day 4:

B: eggs with sauteed spinach

L: Bone Broth with tons of veggies and beef

D: grilled chicken with tons of grilled veggies and 1/2 apple

Day 5:

B:  compliant bacon with eggs, sauteed spinach

L: tons of baby spinach with pepper/onions/tomato and leftover grilled chicken

D: Salad greens with leftover bacon/avocado/onion/tomato and peppers with olive oil   1/2 apple

Archived