Vegetarian potluck main dish question

Skhathaway

I'm in the middle of my first Whole30 and hosting a potluck book club this weekend. Im not vegetarian, but I'm to provide the main dish, which needs to be vegetarian. I'm not sure how much of the other dishes people bring I'll be able to eat, so I want my dish to be a hearty meal for me. Any suggestions for a crowd-pleasing dish?

• Moderators

If you are not a vegetarian, you will need to eat some meat prior to the meeting to make sure you meet your nutritional needs. There is not a vegetarian dish that measures up to the protein standards of a standard Whole30. And many of the vegetarian main dishes that would include a measure of protein are off-plan for you doing a standard Whole30. 

Hopefully, someone else will have some ideas for you about what to prepare. I don't have any good ideas. 

• 3 months later...

Well, I am not a new at this forum, so do not know whether the forum moderators allow me to promote the site I belong to. However, there is a particular section of Healthy Vegetable Recipes that are cooked in Mediterranean on my website. Here is the link to that, and moderators, if you think sharing good ideas from the first day at your forum is a worth doing approach, please approve my comment. 

Here is the link. 

http://www.gourmed.com/ingredients/vegetables

Could you make tomato sauce with spaghetti squash for noodles? You could also have meatballs on the side for non vegetarians or just for yourself (unless you are dining with die hards that will make your life miserable if you eat meat).Then I  would go with Toms' suggestion and eat meat before the meeting. You could also have regular noodles for people who eat them.

Archived