Android / iPhone app for photo food diary

Zingano

http://www.twogrand.com

I discovered this app yesterday and thought it was a good way to record my meals. The basic premise is that you follow people at goal weight for inspiration, but I thought I'd prefer to follow fellow W30ers to find better inspiration that all those photos of "healthy" cereals that are on there right now!

If you fancy trying it, please follow me and I'll follow you back. I'm zingano on the app.

BTW, if any Whole 30 people think an app like this but for Whole 30 only would be a good idea, then I have a mobile app development house that could easily do this. (We did the X Factor app here in the UK, for example.)

I'm in! This is a fantastic idea. Partly because I LOVE to see what other people who eat like me are eating and also because I love to take pictures and share about my food.

Facebook is just not the best place for posting every meal though (people get annoyed for some reason), so I've been keeping a private food diary complete with pictures. This is like broadcasting that journal.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came across this post. Thanks for writing about the app, Zingano!

We have features coming soon that will better facilitate communities within TwoGrand. Whole 30 would be a great example.

Would love any thoughts/feedback you have on how to best craft the experience you'd want in the app!

Best,

Peter

[email protected]

• 3 months later...

Just joined this app yesterday, liking it so far! The visual aid definitely helps me look at my food choices. I used to write everything down but sometimes I'll forget something or underestimate a portion. Having a picture of what I eat definitely helps me. I take pictures of my food anyway, might as well use it for something good!

find me on the app - kathryncoble

:)

Whoops, sorry, life has got in the way - we've bought a house and have been heavily into refurbishment. Kathryn, I've followed you on the app and intend to start using it again. I'm not Whole 30 at the moment, just my usual 80% paleo. Well, I'm intending to be, but have been going off the rails a little, hence the desire to clean up a bit.

Peter, I think the ability to focus down on people who want to eat like you is very important. I don't want loads of cakes in my feed (see what I did there!) is very helpful if that's not what I want to eat. Even if you just added the most comment ways of eating - paleo, low carb, low fat, vegetarian, vegan, and so on, that would be massive. And now I'm off to look at the app again and maybe you've already done it (sorry if so).

I've just signed up for this - looks like fun! I don't use instagram, so I'm not sure why I find this more exciting add it's exactly the same, haha! And you can search for #paleo or #whole30.

• 2 months later...

Archived