Day 10 and still no sleep.

trigirl

I'm on Day 10 (yeah!!) and am not sleeping.

I fall asleep fine ( around 9:30) and wake up about 4-5 hrs later

Last night I woke up at 2:45 and couldn't sleep bc my stomach hurt caz I was hungry.

I ended up eating a tablespoon on almond butter.

Any suggestions?

Will I eventually be able to sleep.

Headaches and sleep is the main reason I'm doing this...plus of course all the other benefits.

I definitely don't feel good nor do I have increased energy.

Ugh

I'm on Day 10 (yeah!!) and am not sleeping.

I fall asleep fine ( around 9:30) and wake up about 4-5 hrs later

Last night I woke up at 2:45 and couldn't sleep bc my stomach hurt caz I was hungry.

I ended up eating a tablespoon on almond butter.

Any suggestions?

Will I eventually be able to sleep.

Headaches and sleep is the main reason I'm doing this...plus of course all the other benefits.

I definitely don't feel good nor do I have increased energy.

Ugh

I am in the same boat except I am on day 23. Today I was up at 1:30 am. I wasn't hungry just wide awake. I was hoping that I would start getting more sleep as well. Some people have tried Natural Calm (the unflavored one is Whole30 compliant) it doesn't work for me. I haven't had tiger blood yet or feel any different. Hopefully a miracle will happen in the next 8 days.

• Moderators

If you wake up hungry in the middle of the night, eat. When I wake up hungry in the middle of the night, I often eat a can of sardines and a few bites of cold sauerkraut. If you are not eating enough during the day, waking up hungry makes sense.

I take Natural Calm before bed time every night because the magnesium is a good idea generally. I find that Natural Calm "calms" me and makes falling asleep easier, but has nothing to do with keeping me asleep. To help with that, I take timed release melatonin. The timed release form helps keep me sleepy through the night. By way of explanation, I have always been a light sleeper.

And like LauraLish said, post a few days of what you have been eating. You may need more starchy carbs like sweet potatoes. Many people don't eat enough of these veggie energy foods and it can mess with energy and sleep.

Here is my food logs from the past two days.  Two nights ago was worse sleep as I started waking up at 1am

(so i guess there is progress)

Day 8 (Monday)

5:30 1 HB egg then spin on bike

7:00 1/2 chick breast with 1/4 sweet pot

8:45am  2 egg muffins (eggs and turkey burger), spinach, 1.5 cups Sweet Pot Hash (sweet pot, red cabbage, pear), half avo, sm banana

12:30 3/4 cup ground beef, brussel sprout and sweet potato hash, EVOO (1 tb) big pear and handful of cashews

7:30 beef coconut spinach stew

(tosssed and turned all night)

Day 9 (Tuesday)

6:30 2 egg muffins (same as above), spinach, Sweet Pot Hash ( same as above)

12:30 ground beef, Brussel sprout sweet pot hash, tomato sauce, pear, cashews

7:45 same as lunch execept no pear or cashews

woke up at 2:45 HUNGRY and stomach pain from hunger..

at 3:15 ate 1 Tb of almond butter...never really went back to sleep

Any help would be great!!!

If you wake up hungry in the middle of the night, eat. When I wake up hungry in the middle of the night, I often eat a can of sardines and a few bites of cold sauerkraut. If you are not eating enough during the day, waking up hungry makes sense.

I take Natural Calm before bed time every night because the magnesium is a good idea generally. I find that Natural Calm "calms" me and makes falling asleep easier, but has nothing to do with keeping me asleep. To help with that, I take timed release melatonin. The timed release form helps keep me sleepy through the night. By way of explanation, I have always been a light sleeper.

And like LauraLish said, post a few days of what you have been eating. You may need more starchy carbs like sweet potatoes. Many people don't eat enough of these veggie energy foods and it can mess with energy and sleep.

What is the name of the melotonin you take tom

Thanks!

Ok, looks like you need to up your meals to the higher end of the meal template.  I definitely eat more than that on a daily basis, and I don't spin (at least judging by the meals where you gave amounts).  Try eating more, and the supplements Tom suggested.  Personally I take ZMA, a zinc and magnesium supplement, before bed when I'm not on Whole30.  I'm not sure if there is a compliant brand since I nixed it for the duration.

Archived