Help! I forgot my lunch at home.

das006

I can't believe I forgot my lunch at home today! I work in a very small town with fast food options for eating out. A local grocery store has a decent salad bar so I'll have to go there today. I've never liked soups and mixed salads (i.e. potato salad, macaroni, bean salad) so it's easy to pass on those. However, the no MSG stuff confuses me. I don't know how to tell if something has it unless I can read a label. Do produce items on salad bars contain it? Lettuce, bell peppers, broccoli, tomatoes, etc? Fruit?

Sorry, how frustrating! Plain, unprocessed produce at a salad bar shouldn't contain MSG. As long as you stick to that you should be ok.

For protein, hopefully they have hard boiled eggs at this salad bar. If not you will need something like a can of tuna (read the label) to go on it (or with it). Even if they have something like chunks of chicken I would beware of that because you don't know if it has gluten fillers, marinades, etc.

Don't trust any salad dressings either, go with plain oil and vinegar.

Also I'd recommend ordering some Primal Pacs to keep on hand for emergencies. In your bag, in your car, at your desk, etc. You never know when it might come in handy!

Sorry, how frustrating! Plain, unprocessed produce at a salad bar shouldn't contain MSG. As long as you stick to that you should be ok.

For protein, hopefully they have hard boiled eggs at this salad bar. If not you will need something like a can of tuna (read the label) to go on it (or with it). Even if they have something like chunks of chicken I would beware of that because you don't know if it has gluten fillers, marinades, etc.

Don't trust any salad dressings either, go with plain oil and vinegar.

Also I'd recommend ordering some Primal Pacs to keep on hand for emergencies. In your bag, in your car, at your desk, etc. You never know when it might come in handy!

Great suggestions! I was a little worried about the meat too but I will have to look for eggs. I'm definitely going to check out the Primal Pacs.

Archived