But I'm still hungry......

abaunzad

Hey all, 

This is my first Whole 30 and I'm barely on day 3- Starting with day 1 I noticed some interesting symptoms.

For one, I am actually still hungry after meals- I eat enough for my meal, and I get very full. But the fullness doesn't last and I get hungry again, like if I am burning through it too quickly. I get so hungry though, that I am lightheaded, nauseous and very shaky so I have to eat something again. 

I also noticed that I get indigestion with my meals, as if the fats were too rich (?) or something. So for example, last night I ate some shrimp with salad and steamed broccoli. Afterwards I felt super full and had indigestion complete with headache. 

I'm just wondering if I'm just adjusting still, or if anyone would like to add any input? My stomach has been unpleasant these 3 days....

On Day 3 you are definitely still adjusting. You will be adjusting for many more days.

I had a similar experience my first few days, so I ate 4-5 meals in varying sizes.

I don't know about indigestion from fat in shrimp (what was the fat source, was it cooked in something else?) but I know I get severe indigestion from broccoli. But if you normally eat broccoli without an issue then that's probably not it.

The headache is likely part of the dreaded "hangover" phase. Drink lots of water!

Thanks all!

I read a separate post very similar to mine but the girl said she was Hypoglycemic. While I've long thought that of myself but have never been truly diagnosed, I think I have idiopathic postprandial syndrome which is similar to the Hypo except it doesn't involve the blood glucose levels crashing. The symptoms are still there though- 

• Shakiness
  • Sense of weakness
  • Altered or depressed mood
  • Confusion
  • Fatigue
  • Anxiety
  • Increased pulse or respiratory rate
  • Hunger

I really don't want to have to resort to "snacking", but for now I'll try to eat as big of a meal as I can to hold me over to the next meal. And hopefully the headaches and such are just part of the Hangover phase. 

• Moderators

There is very little fat in a meal of shrimp, salad, and steamed broccoli. Meals with so little fat would tend to leave me feeling hungry within an hour or two. 

If you are not accustomed to eating fat, your body may not have all the gut bacteria it needs to digest fat. That could create some distress. A good solution is to take digestive enzymes for a while. The enzymes support your body in digestion and keep you going whule your body grows the bacteria it needs to digest what you are eating without assistance. 

You might want to review this article: http://whole9life.com/2012/09/digestive-enzymes-101/

On the other hand, I ate 4-5 meals per day for most of the first year I ate Whole30-style. It took me a while to figure out how to compose meals that kept me satisfied on three per day.

Archived