Whey Protein... Huge setback?

RGlove

Hi everyone,

So I don't eat meat... I wouldn't say I'm a vegetarian since I do eat fish. When I started the Whole30 I wanted to get most of my protein from fish and eggs (which I have been doing) and would eat whey powder and tempeh SPARINGLY. I haven't had any tempeh this week, but I did have Whey protein in my breakfast this morning. I wasn't really thinking and just added it. I assumed since it was on the OK list for vegs, that it was ok to eat. I didn't erally realize that it really could be considered dairy.

I think dairy is an issue for me, and eliminating it was one of the reasons I wanted to get on board with the Whole30. So my question for you is... did I just ruin the last 14 days of work with this one scoop of whey? I feel OK today but with a bit of stomach discomfort. Would I be able to compenstate by extending my "dairyless" day for a couple of weeks after the Whole30 is over? I really don't want to extend the entire whole30 another two weeks, as I've been looking foward to that glass of wine at the end of this!

Any thoughts you have would be very much appreciated!! I'm feeling bummed and discouraged (and kind of stupid) right now.

Thank you!

• Moderators

Yeah, the whey protein powder is a problem. If I were you, I would keep going, but not reintroduce any dairy for 30 days (day 44), so you can see what you feel like after 30 days free of dairy. You would have other benefits in place by day 30, but you might learn more important things about you and dairy by staying dairy free a full 30 days.

Thanks for the quick reply. I plan on going the full 30 days for everything else, and then not reintroduce dairy until AT LEAST day 44. I was just concerned that I erased all the benefits I was gaining over the past couple of weeks! That would be very sad.

Archived