Benefits for Vegetarians

RGlove

Hello all,

I am aware the the veg list of approved foods is very different than the standard whole30 approved list. I know that there are many things on the veg list that are not "optimal". Howwever, any vegetarians see awesome benefits after the 30 days? I'd like to know what vegetarians can expect and if it is even "worth it".

Thanks!

I never did a Whole30 when I was a vegetarian, but I definitely noticed a difference when I cut sugar, gluten, and dairy out of my vegetarian diet. I slept MUCH better, my mood improved by leaps and bounds, I didn't feel sluggish in the afternoon, and my allergies all but disappeared.

I'd say it's "worth it" for sure!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

sumitjoy,

There are plenty of salient points about the heavy environmental impact of shipping veggies from California and fruits from South America. That's a lot of fossil fuel. Meat that is commercially raised in CAFOs has a totally different environmental impact than traditionally raised, local meat. There's plenty to read on the subject.

• 2 weeks later...

sumitjoy,

There are plenty of salient points about the heavy environmental impact of shipping veggies from California and fruits from South America. That's a lot of fossil fuel. Meat that is commercially raised in CAFOs has a totally different environmental impact than traditionally raised, local meat. There's plenty to read on the subject.

We grow our own....local proteins.  We do rely on CA produce.   I hope CA's 1200 yr worst drought lets up with the rain.

Archived